Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Does EA know that Aaron Rodgers isn't Vick? (/forums/showthread.php?t=501542)

sportsgamer21 08-10-2011 01:46 PM

Does EA know that Aaron Rodgers isn't Vick?

Playing this demo, all I have to say is why is Aaron Rodgers SOOOOOOOOOOO fast. I'm playing as the bears and he is breaking off 40yd runs like nothing. I looked it up and he has 79 or 80 speed. Im sorry but thats to fast for Aaron Rodgers. He is a MOBILE QB not a threat like they make him in the game. The 73 or 74 they had for him last year was fine. I know the guy won the superbowl but lets not get carried away here. I think this is an example of raising certain attributes to get a desired overall but only thing is he would probably be a 97 if they didn't touch his speed. What were they thinking?

MrJ2006 08-10-2011 01:48 PM

Re: Does EA know that Aaron Rodgers isn't Vick?

Am I the only one who's able to see the red worded impressions thread?

TheBleedingRed21 08-10-2011 01:50 PM

Yo, bud.

Two threads you must have missed.

1) New rules for posting - Already broke a rule, NICE!
2) IMPRESSIONS - DEMO - That means to post what you think of the DEMO in that THREAD.

Comprende?

Gotmadskillzson 08-10-2011 01:51 PM

Speed is always faster in the demo. It was the same way with the NCAA 12 demo, players moved very fast, but in retail they didn't.

MagicMan1315 08-10-2011 01:57 PM

If anything.. EA doesnt give QBs like Rodgers or even.. yes I'll say it.. Manning a unfair speed rating.

I was at a Colts v. Texans game and I saw Manning out run and create space from LB Demeco Ryans and gained 10 yards. Ryans started a yard behind Manning and ended up 5 yards behind and did not pull back.

point being.. Just because the QB is tall or a "pocket passer" or even... yea.. you know. Does not make them slow. But their ratings for speed always are.

happymadison 08-10-2011 02:12 PM

will have to edit qb speed before i start franchise looks like

sportsgamer21 08-10-2011 02:27 PM

ummmmm, i don't remember saying anything about the actual gameplay so this isn't about my impression on the demo. its about aaron rodgers. he ran a 4.7 in the 40yd dash. anyone who has really played football would know that you run no where near that with equipment on. In HS i ran a 4.63, i can tell you right now gameday, i wasn't running that. The most he sould be is a 76. Why is everyone hating on me, geezzzzz

Uncle Way 08-10-2011 02:30 PM

Cutler has been doing the same thing to me.. After I get a few sacks/hits on him and that DPP switches to paranoid.. He starts taking off and eating me up on the ground.. Got me for more than 100yds in a game last night..