Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What Position Do You Control on Defense (/forums/showthread.php?t=501561)

Uncle Way 08-10-2011 02:38 PM

What Position Do You Control on Defense

I run with the FS pretty much exclusively... I've noticed lately that a lot of people control a DE.. Was wondering which position gets the most reps...

dougdeuce 08-10-2011 02:46 PM

Re: What Position Do You Control on Defense

If I'm playing man coverage I usually control whoever is covering the tailback. If I'm in zone coverage I use a D-Lineman. If I'm in a zone blitz I usually choose one of the blitzing LB's. Corner Blitz, the blitzing corner.

I like variety.

Xotros 08-10-2011 02:50 PM

Middle or outside linebackers mostly. Safety if the computer is in hurry-up

kpkpkp 08-10-2011 02:52 PM

Interesting poll! I'm curious to see people's replies...

I generally controll DT if I think its a run play coming, or a LB if Im blitzing on a run play and I wanna get fancy.

If I think its a pass play coming I generally control a Safety.

I often mess up plays on pass-defense. (I hit the wrong button, or totally leave a huge gap in coverage due to my egregious human error.... so I generally just control a DT if I wanna be "safe.")

SO... I voted DT. :)

NikeBlitz 08-10-2011 02:54 PM

CB in man-to-man (passing situations) or LBs. (zone, blitz ect ...)

Champion8877 08-10-2011 03:02 PM

almost exclusivly DE mostly since thats what i played in high school and i think its fun. or if the team has a DT i like, like Raji on the pack i use DT. once in a while i will use a good LB like matthews but only if they are blitzing because im kinda at coverage, mostly a rushing kinda guy

mestevo 08-10-2011 03:06 PM

I play a blitzing LB/CB or someone on the DL and excel at taking them completely out of the play.

Uncle Way 08-10-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mestevo (Post 2042711223)
I play a blitzing LB/CB or someone on the DL and excel at taking them completely out of the play.

:lol: LMAO!! :lol:

I control the FS for two main reasons...

1.) I trust the AI front 7 far more than I trust them in coverage.. If I;m not involved, I find they leave gaping holes and my opponent moves the ball through the air far too easily..

2.) I can essentially take away 1/2 the field as the FS, especially if they have good speed like an Ed Reed or a Michael Huff.. It's also easier for me to stuff the run as a FS.. I'm normally able to come through unblocked and blow the play up in the backfield.. Especially if it's a toss/pitch or a stretch play.. Those don't usually go anywhere against me..

I do find that I'm more prone to give up the big play though.. I find myself looking in the backfield and getting caught on play-action alot.. I'm also pretty vulnerable to crossing routes and streaks when they're run on the same side.. It's hard to cover the middle and the deep ball at the same time.. All in all, it works pretty well though..