Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Did EA change the difficulty and the sliders this year? (/forums/showthread.php?t=501613)

marino13 08-10-2011 06:07 PM

Did EA change the difficulty and the sliders this year?

In all previous versions and in NCAA this year, the sliders worked seperate from the difficulity that you choose. Not so in Madden 12. If you choose rookie all the human sliders are 100 and all pro is both human and cpu at 50 and all madden is human values at 25. Once you change any slider the skill level defaults back to rookie.

IN NCAA 12 the skill level stays at whatever you choose, when you adjust the sliders.

I am finding once I move sliders that the game plays no where near last years version all pro with slider adjustments.

Why would EA change this? This is how 2k football sliders and difficulty worked.

Broncos86 08-10-2011 06:12 PM

Re: Did EA change the difficulty and the sliders this year?

This would be how I want sliders to work. I really hate "built-in" features to levels of difficulty. I've always wanted the difficulties to be nothing more than slider pre-sets. If this is the case, I'll be pretty jazzed. Why? Granular CPU awareness.

spit_bubble 08-10-2011 06:20 PM

Yeah I noticed this too... Make any slider changes and the difficulty goes to rookie. Could just be a glitch. :nocomprende:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncos86 (Post 2042711966)
This would be how I want sliders to work. I really hate "built-in" features to levels of difficulty...

Ideally I'd like to see difficulty relate to play calling. Like on rookie you'd see very basic play calling, with very few blitzes or screens and draws, etc. While on All-Madden you'd see a well called game, with deliberate attempts to get the ball to the playmakers on offense, fake blitzes, etc.

Broncos86 08-10-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spit_bubble (Post 2042711992)
Yeah I noticed this too... Make any slider changes and the difficulty goes to rookie. Could just be a glitch. :nocomprende:

Ideally I'd like to see difficulty relate to play calling. Like on rookie you'd see very basic play calling, with very few blitzes or screens and draws, etc. While on All-Madden you'd see a well called game, with deliberate attempts to get the ball to the playmakers on offense, fake blitzes, etc.

Maybe a slider specifically for CPU play-calling?

spit_bubble 08-10-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncos86 (Post 2042712104)
Maybe a slider specifically for CPU play-calling?

Tomato, tomahto.

Whatever you call it, tighter AI > cheap AI boosts.

marino13 08-10-2011 08:07 PM

There is something definitely off. Started a game on all madden, kicked off and the kick meter was fast, changed a slider and next time I kicked the meter went the speed of rookie skill level.

spit_bubble 08-10-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marino13 (Post 2042712392)
There is something definitely off. Started a game on all madden, kicked off and the kick meter was fast, changed a slider and next time I kicked the meter went the speed of rookie skill level.

It almost sounds like they went the 2K5 route, but forgot to add "Custom" as an option.

I still think difficulty should mean something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spit_bubble (Post 2042711992)

Expanding on this, they could also make it so difficulty effected the AI's "stick skills". So on rookie you see very few jukes and big hits, and on All-Madden you'd see appropriate jukes, pump fakes, etc.

So overall the difficulty could simulate a human opponent, both plays calls and stick skills.

vision 08-10-2011 08:28 PM

I made a post about this.. but I'll post it here since it's more visible..

Touching any slider defaults you to Rookie.

I feel that the sliders in this demo are misleading. It seems to me that the game actually does revert to rookie. It's not just a "bug".

I've been playing the game for almost a day to evaluate if I'm going to pick it up this year.

Initially I had been playing this demo on ALL-Pro.. slow/normal speed. I put blocking up to 55. The game seemed to be playable and enjoyable.. but almost too easy for just bumping up blocking. So, I wondered..

The simple experiment I did was to raise pass blocking to 51… That's it. The game got easier as a whole. Receivers got open easily, running got easier, pass accuracy better. But leaving the game untouched on ALL-Pro, ALL-Madden tells me that the game still has the same flaws as years past.

This tells me that the game totally and completely reverts to Rookie. Even if you touch a slider by one increment.

If you don't touch the sliders on ALL-Pro or All Madden, the game still cheats you to death.. psychic DB's, Mirrored routes, super LB's. Pass blocking is ATROCIOUS especially when using the Bears. I've even seen my wide receiver move out of the way of a perfect pass only to be intercepted. That's right.. I have video.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be sour grapes, but this is my finding after simple experimentation. If you like the game, buy it. Personally, I'm renting first. Hopefully the sliders will actually work in the retail game, unlike fight night Champion, and NCAA 12.