Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Uhm....Although a great game...It's a bit buggy for me.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=50219)

MoL2k 09-06-2003 02:45 PM

Uhm....Although a great game...It\'s a bit buggy for me....

I love the gameplay of this game. I think the collision detection in this game is top notch and the presentation can't be beat. HOWEVER...this game is far from perfect. I would still give the best football game title to Madden this year.

I mean all of the bugs...

Punting when they should be kicking FG's

The horrid stat tracking

Although the tackling animation are the best....The running animations simply suck (Especially on breakaways)

Player models?!?! up close they are dead on...but when they get farther away...wow....what the hell happened?

The whole 8 directional movement thing needs to change. I think this hurts the game more than anything.

But with all this said. It is still an excellent game. The atmoshpere cannot be beat....The presentation is a god send. Also the online play. I really like the online play, you need to think football to win....

There are just too many little things that make this game great....

MoL2k 09-06-2003 02:45 PM

Re: Uhm....Although a great game...It\'s a bit buggy for me....

With all that said....anyone up for a game tomorrow morning before kickoff?

Jistic 09-06-2003 02:45 PM

Mrcabone 09-06-2003 03:18 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
MoL2k said:
I love the gameplay of this game. I think the collision detection in this game is top notch and the presentation can't be beat. HOWEVER...this game is far from perfect. I would still give the best football game title to Madden this year.

I mean all of the bugs...

Punting when they should be kicking FG's

The horrid stat tracking

Although the tackling animation are the best....The running animations simply suck (Especially on breakaways)

Player models?!?! up close they are dead on...but when they get farther away...wow....what the hell happened?

The whole 8 directional movement thing needs to change. I think this hurts the game more than anything.

But with all this said. It is still an excellent game. The atmoshpere cannot be beat....The presentation is a god send. Also the online play. I really like the online play, you need to think football to win....

There are just too many little things that make this game great....

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Medway 09-06-2003 03:35 PM

MoL2k said:
With all that said....anyone up for a game tomorrow morning before kickoff?

Ill be up for one. What time?

TCrouch 09-06-2003 09:09 PM

I'm still trying to figure out the "8 directional movement" thing. An analog stick can't possibly have only 8 directions, unless you're using the D-Pad...in which case, I guess I just have to say it will probably never change. If you haven't adjusted to an analog stick by now, you're never going to like any future Sega game.

snowmizer 09-06-2003 09:14 PM

Oh my!

It's another sighting of the '8-way directional control' urban legend!

TCrouch 09-06-2003 09:20 PM

snowmizer said:
Oh my!

It's another sighting of the '8-way directional control' urban legend!

Basically...I'm just looking for anybody who actually brings it up to give me an accurate description of what it's supposed to be. If it turns out to be a D-pad issue, then that's their own damn fault for not playing the game the way the controller was designed to play it. Hell, I don't see how ANY game could give you more than 8 directions on a D-Pad. I suppose they could increase the sensitivity of the potentiometers or something, but how the heck will you know exactly where to press on the little pad to give you more directions? Makes no sense to me...I smell crap.