Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Does Anybody Else HATE WR Catches? (/forums/showthread.php?t=502224)

justcallmedaddy 08-12-2011 09:45 AM

Does Anybody Else HATE WR Catches?

I have never really liked the WR animations when trying to catch the ball, and although I like the diving animations I just don't use them enough to notice them.

When I throw a 5 yard slant route and my reciever has position to pick of the first down but instead he does some little jump in the air and slows him down and I end up getting tackled or he has to jump and lean back to get the ball and completely stop his momentum.

But I think the animations they need to work on the most is deep balls and Fade Routes, I'd really like to see some animations with receivers fighting with DBs for positioning and seeing Larry Fitzgerald actually jumping when I throw to him instead of ignoring there's a CB jumping up and Fitz is just trying to catch it at his feet. I really hope they prioritize this in next years game aswell as super LBs and Psychic DB's.

kbseven 08-12-2011 10:01 AM

Re: Does Anybody Else HATE WR Catches?

Quote:

Originally Posted by justcallmedaddy (Post 2042718231)
I have never really liked the WR animations when trying to catch the ball, and although I like the diving animations I just don't use them enough to notice them.

When I throw a 5 yard slant route and my reciever has position to pick of the first down but instead he does some little jump in the air and slows him down and I end up getting tackled or he has to jump and lean back to get the ball and completely stop his momentum.

But I think the animations they need to work on the most is deep balls and Fade Routes, I'd really like to see some animations with receivers fighting with DBs for positioning and seeing Larry Fitzgerald actually jumping when I throw to him instead of ignoring there's a CB jumping up and Fitz is just trying to catch it at his feet. I really hope they prioritize this in next years game aswell as super LBs and Psychic DB's.

this is the absolute worst catch animation in the game. i can't stand it. it's hard to explain, but another annoying one is when you lob a deep throw and instead of making a leaping catch, the wr runs while turning his upper body back to the qb and lets the ball sail over his head.

Jesus 08-12-2011 10:09 AM

I hate that every catch that's not a diving catch or sideline catch results in a balanced catch with little momentum loss. I want some stumbles and some falls in there.

BlackJackRabbit 08-12-2011 10:13 AM

Some of animations are fine, but some of them are an eyesore.

Only1LT 08-12-2011 10:17 AM

To answer your question, simply, yes.

There are issues with animations in general, but also when the AI chooses a particular animation. It is a glaring weakness of this title and has been for a very long time.

Segagendude 08-12-2011 12:51 PM

As long as they got rid of the Tyree catch that was prevelant in M10, I don't care.....

mjhyankees 08-12-2011 01:59 PM

In Madden 11 and now this I find the following.

3rd down I run a slant or cross...my WR is wide open and has only to catch the ball turn, go a yard or two and get the first down. EVERY time it seems the throw is bad...and he has to jump or turn back or dive or something and as a result gets tackled before he turns upfield...argggghhh!!!

Gotmadskillzson 08-12-2011 02:32 PM

If the throw is bad, that is user error.