Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   3-4 Defense (/forums/showthread.php?t=502627)

jesse_87112 08-13-2011 01:47 PM

3-4 Defense

What are you guys impression on the packers 3-4 defense in the demo?
It seems as though the big defensive linemen are null in void in this game for another year

TeamBuilder 08-13-2011 01:56 PM

Re: 3-4 Defense

I manually control defensive tackles most of the time. There have been a few times when two linemen take on Raji while I manually controlled him. Haven't really paid attention to CPU defensive tackles though.

SWertsch 08-13-2011 02:22 PM

I couldn't get any pressure with either Radji or CMIII, BUT

If you move CMIII to pretty much behind Radji... maybe just a little straight back and to the left of where he initially lines up on plays... the OT goes wide, the OG attempts to double the NT with the C, and Radji runs completely free to get a sack. Did this 3 times in a row. Cutler got thrashed.

NFLfan80 08-13-2011 04:10 PM

In all my games on All Pro I've gotten tons of sacks with the DTs and Matthews when I use him manually. The only who seems to not do anything is Jones the other OLB.

Gorilla Glass 08-13-2011 04:27 PM

How are you guys utilizing the stick while playing as the D_linemen? I was able to knock the center on his butt a few times. I moved the stick right and it happened. I then tried it again and got pancaked. Whats the method to the madness here?:nocomprende:

EccentricMeat 08-13-2011 04:52 PM

Nickel 2-4-5 (or Sub 2-3-6)

Utilize one of the down linemen and flick the stick left or right (your choice) once contact is made with an O-lineman. Most of the time, the D-lineman will throw the O-lineman out of the way and get quick pressure on the QB.

If you want to use one of the OLBs, keep them a little outside, and when the ball is snapped, head straight down toward the outside of the OT in front of you and flick the R stick down just before contact. This will cause the LB to push past the OT quickly and head straight toward the QB.

I get more sacks with Jones than I do with Matthews. :nocomprende:

Gorilla Glass 08-13-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EccentricMeat (Post 2042723282)
Nickel 2-4-5 (or Sub 2-3-6)

Utilize one of the down linemen and flick the stick left or right (your choice) once contact is made with an O-lineman. Most of the time, the D-lineman will throw the O-lineman out of the way and get quick pressure on the QB.

If you want to use one of the OLBs, keep them a little outside, and when the ball is snapped, head straight down toward the outside of the OT in front of you and flick the R stick down just before contact. This will cause the LB to push past the OT quickly and head straight toward the QB.

I get more sacks with Jones than I do with Matthews. :nocomprende:

Yeah I noticed that. When I flick the stick up, sometimes it would knock the gaurd or center back. It seems random. In Madden11 I played as Haynesworth and he would knock guys snottless no matter the stick movement.