Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden Passing Tips (/forums/showthread.php?t=502805)

TheSportzGuru 08-14-2011 12:24 AM

Madden Passing Tips

OS'ers, I need serious help in the passing game..I throw 3 to 4 picks a game with Cutler (not surprising, but still) and I'd like to know what you guys do to keep your cool in the pocket and keep that INT level low..

EDIT: By the way talking about the Madden 12 demo

rich7sena 08-14-2011 12:38 AM

Re: Madden Passing Tips

I'm usually pretty good at passing in Madden and I've had success with both the Packers and the Bears on All-Madden in the demo. One thing I've noticed is to incorporate the run at least once every three downs and start of throwing a lot of easy passes to increase your DDP (dynamic player performance). Run some screens away from the other team's edge playmakers (Matthews, Peppers), quick slants, and utilize your tight end. It's always important to throw to a guy on his break and anticipate coverages. Probably the best advice I can give you that will make your offense better as a whole is to not be afraid to tuck and run if your late on a read or if you have a lane.

TheSportzGuru 08-14-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich7sena (Post 2042724613)
I'm usually pretty good at passing in Madden and I've had success with both the Packers and the Bears on All-Madden in the demo. One thing I've noticed is to incorporate the run at least once every three downs and start of throwing a lot of easy passes to increase your DDP (dynamic player performance). Run some screens away from the other team's edge playmakers (Matthews, Peppers), quick slants, and utilize your tight end. It's always important to throw to a guy on hit break and anticipate coverages. Probably the best advice I can give you that will make your offense better as a whole is to not be afraid to tuck and run if your late on a read or if you have a lane.

Thank you so much, I think I'll start taking sacks more instead of forcing the ball into coverage.

TheSportzGuru 08-14-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCPiper (Post 2042724632)
This is good advice.

Use the running game or the short passing game to try and get some easy yards so that you're not caught in a third and long situation. And using the DPP is extremely important. You gotta just get into a rhythm to start the game off. Using the TE is also VERY important, especially in this demo since both teams have good TEs in the passing game. Make sure to keep your poise in the pocket, and make your number one priority to step up in the pocket rather than to drop back. If you notice that your recievers are all covered tightly, either take the sack or rollout to try and create some separation, rather than forcing the throw. And if rolling out still doesn't work, you can either throw it away or run.

Hope this helps. I pretty much said the same things as the other guy. :y15:

Even more help, THANKS!