Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 12 Offline Franchise Mode Q&A (/forums/showthread.php?t=503289)

RedZoneD25 08-16-2011 12:06 PM

Madden NFL 12 Offline Franchise Mode Q&A

This post has been approved by Steve_OS.

I was lucky enough to receive a copy of Madden NFL 12 today thanks to Papa John's and EA SPORTS, and I'd like to help you guys out from one OSer to another.

Many of you who know me on OS know that I am a hardcore Offline Franchise fan, so I've decided to create a Q&A for any (and I mean ANY) questions you may have on the mode.

Answers to questions with set answers can be found on Page 6!

Fellow EA SPORTS Game Changer CoreySA will be assisting me in providing media (screenshots, videos, etc.) for you guys if you'd like. Just let us know in this thread what you'd like to see, but only things related to Offline Franchise Mode.

Other EA SPORTS Game Changers may have threads up in the near future (for Kev5890's Superstar Mode Q&A, click here) to assist you in other modes, gameplay, etc. Thank you for your time, and fire away!

at23steelers 08-16-2011 12:20 PM

Re: Madden NFL 12 Offline Franchise Mode Q&A

General thoughts on the franchise bidding. Is it realistic, and were you able to get ALL the players you wanted.

grandpabuzz 08-16-2011 12:20 PM

Thanks for answering the questions.

1. I assume there is no draft class or roster share like NBA 2k11?
2. Is there a global player editor
3. What were some of the computer trades you saw during the season? Was there any huge ones like Chris Johnson for Darrel Revis or something like that?
4. What players were left in the FA pool after the first year? Does most high profile players get signed or is it like NHL 11, where you see superstars sit there for years
5. Has the draft presentation changed at all?
6. What players got cut during preseason? Anyone notable.
7. During games when stats are shown for a player is that for the current season or career.
8. Does commentary reflect what's going on in current franchise?
9. How much do contracts increase per year. Are there outrageous demands like $50 million for 3 years for someone like Brandon Llyod in year 3 or so?

Thanks again and have fun!

Bootzilla 08-16-2011 12:21 PM

Great for you!

How's the off season looking? Particularly scouting, combine, and draft. How many players can you scout at any given point in the process?

Any strange ht/wt/speed in the generated draft classes? 5'9" DT's, MLB's running 4.3's etc.?

Never bought anything on ebay and they describe free agency bidding as being similar. Can you elaborate?

Thanks!

brza37 08-16-2011 12:24 PM

I'd like to see some info on stats if you could sim some seasons. I basically just want to know that the stats seem realistic and the problems we've seen in the past have been eliminated:
Multiple 2000 yard rushers in one season
3-4 DEs leading the league in sacks
Starting RBs ypc below 3 or above 6
Backup RBs not getting enough carries
Multiple 4500 yard passers

Also, could you take a quick look at Online Franchise and just check if you can set Sliders?
Thanks

Tecmo Bowl 08-16-2011 12:29 PM

First thank you for doing this.

Can you upload draft classes from NCAA and check if they upload more realistically? Ratings and draft position realistic? Fast guys in NCAA still fast in madden? And finally my most important question...if at the end of the year in NCAA a 95 overall rated guy says he is graduating and not going into the pro draft, does that really mean he won't be there when i upload into madden? Or will he just be a late round pick? Thank you again very much!

PacMan3000 08-16-2011 12:29 PM

Thanks for doing this.

Now I know they changed the free agent bidding system, but what about free agency overall? In years past, if a solid player like Reggie Bush couldn't get a decent contract, he would just sit in free agency.

For years.

So I'm wondering, do we see free agents who are rated well and can contribute to teams lower their asking prices to sign with a club, or are we still subject to seeing good young players in their prime toil in free agency forever?

TeamBuilder 08-16-2011 12:31 PM

Do the announcers say the names of generated rookies that you have drafted? Or do they say "number 82 with the catch?"