Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Some slider logic questions (/forums/showthread.php?t=503460)

heelphreak 08-17-2011 01:41 PM

Some slider logic questions

What is the logic behind 0 speed threshold? Is the assumption that at 0 the players speed is representative of their ratings without a boost or nerf?

Is the pass coverage slider really inverted? Is there a definitive answer on this? And does it apply to AA as well as heisman.

Is it true that the game boosts the human in varsity, boosts cpu in heisman, and neither in AA?

If that is true, would setting all the sliders at 0 cause the players to behave only according to their ratings on AA?

Thanks

dmoney219 08-17-2011 03:56 PM

Re: Some slider logic questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelphreak (Post 2042736522)
What is the logic behind 0 speed threshold? Is the assumption that at 0 the players speed is representative of their ratings without a boost or nerf?

Is the pass coverage slider really inverted? Is there a definitive answer on this? And does it apply to AA as well as heisman.

Is it true that the game boosts the human in varsity, boosts cpu in heisman, and neither in AA?

If that is true, would setting all the sliders at 0 cause the players to behave only according to their ratings on AA?

Thanks

did you try everything at zero on AA....now that you have mentioned t i will try thhat later on

heelphreak 08-18-2011 09:42 AM

well i tried this yesterday and found interesting results. mainly that catching and tackling for both teams has to be moved up and cpu rba as well. the games were competitive but lower scoring than any games i've played using other sliders.

i'm moreso interested if my theory is correct about players playing at the ratings. anyone have any idea. i don't even know if there's a way to test this. i wish ea would explain the sliders.

dmoney219 08-18-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelphreak (Post 2042739457)
well i tried this yesterday and found interesting results. mainly that catching and tackling for both teams has to be moved up and cpu rba as well. the games were competitive but lower scoring than any games i've played using other sliders.

i'm moreso interested if my theory is correct about players playing at the ratings. anyone have any idea. i don't even know if there's a way to test this. i wish ea would explain the sliders.

when i tried it thats exactly what i was thinking bout the catcthing and tackle and also the rb ability for both teams