Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Special Teams (/forums/showthread.php?t=50376)

LBzrule 09-07-2003 10:03 AM

Special Teams

If you are having problems with coverage teams I'll tell ya the solution. Go in and sub because the default personell on special teams is A$$. Look at some of these guys they are like rated 20's and 30's for special teams. That's the reason why special teams are so bad, the personell has HORRIBLE ratings for the special teams package. I checked the seahawks and there were 5 guys on there in the 30's or lower man. One guy was even a 28. That's messed up dude. At least it is correctable. If you are playing online, be happy you have 5 mins to correct this.

Fetter21 09-07-2003 10:12 AM

Re: Special Teams

I think one of the major problems is that people believe that kickoffs are gimmie plays, they are plays that people believe they can just not focus on and take those plays off. I think the result of this attitude is that you'll get burnt. When I'm not focusing I've been burnt for a lot of returns, but since I started to try to really focus on stopping the KR I haven't seen one go back.

Yeah the KR is amped up, but I think it's mentality of players too, not just a gameflaw.

LBzrule 09-07-2003 10:51 AM

Ohhh nahhh, I'm not calling it a game flaw, I'm just saying the guys that are on the kickoff teams are not rated very well for that particular portion of the team. All I am saying is that folks that are having problems with opponents making retunrs on them need to look at their kickoff team personell and go in and make the necessary changes if they want better coverage. My special teams do a hell of alot better job now because of it. Sometimes folks don't get passed teh 19 or 20 yd line.

Holic 09-07-2003 11:10 AM

I'll have to check this out before the Falcons/Cowboys game starts later this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up.

LBzrule 09-07-2003 11:16 AM

I'm telling ya man. I subbed different guys in there, guys that were rated like 71, 68 overall and all that and my special teams unit is badass now dude. That's because the guys I subbed in have a better run coverage rating, i.e., pursuit and tackling ratings than some of those stiffs in there LOL.

Fetter21 09-07-2003 11:21 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
LBzrule said:
Ohhh nahhh, I'm not calling it a game flaw, I'm just saying the guys that are on the kickoff teams are not rated very well for that particular portion of the team. All I am saying is that folks that are having problems with opponents making retunrs on them need to look at their kickoff team personell and go in and make the necessary changes if they want better coverage. My special teams do a hell of alot better job now because of it. Sometimes folks don't get passed teh 19 or 20 yd line.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">
Ok, sorry. I'm just use to everyone calling this a game flaw. I do appriciate the heads up and when I finally try to start my franchise I'll give this a try. As for online play, I won't bother since I think it's pretty annoying when people make that many changes before the start of a game.

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN 09-07-2003 11:33 AM

Do u guys try to tackle the guy that is trying to return the ball by switching the closest guy to him?

LBzrule 09-07-2003 11:36 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
SEGA_LOYAL_FAN said:
Do u guys try to tackle the guy that is trying to return the ball by switching the closest guy to him?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

That's just it, sometimes because the guys on the kick off team are rated 28 for that particular position and have a bad run support rating, they don't get close to the guy carrying the ball. And when or IF they do, their tackle rating isn't that good so they whiff on the tackle. Telling ya, make those personell changes and your special teams will kick a$$.