Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA 12 Menu (wtf) (/forums/showthread.php?t=504360)

tweetintoucan 08-23-2011 12:32 AM

NCAA 12 Menu (wtf)

What were the designers of the NCAA 12 menu taking, and where can I get some? Here is what I see:

A sign that reads "Thanksgiving Dinner"
Random X's and O's scattered about the field
Megaphones and foam fingers, in concrete cases
A perfectly upright standing football
Incorrectly marked scrolling yardlines
A small floating helmet off in the distance

What I think would be an awesome menu is if each school had their own background of pictures and video of the history of the program, with accompanying soundclips of radio broadcasts, coach speaches, etc, instead of the annoying and startling ESPN cut-ins and repetitive band songs.

dickey1331 08-23-2011 12:35 AM

I actually like it. Don't see anything wrong with it.

Do you really care where I sent this from?

Tomba 08-23-2011 12:37 AM

Re: NCAA 12 Menu (wtf)

Thats actually the official ESPN stuff I thought

der juicen 08-23-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetintoucan (Post 2042754563)
What were the designers of the NCAA 12 menu taking, and where can I get some? Here is what I see:

A sign that reads "Thanksgiving Dinner"
Random X's and O's scattered about the field
Megaphones and foam fingers, in concrete cases
A perfectly upright standing football
Incorrectly marked scrolling yardlines
A small floating helmet off in the distance

What I think would be an awesome menu is if each school had their own background of pictures and video of the history of the program, with accompanying soundclips of radio broadcasts, coach speaches, etc, instead of the annoying and startling ESPN cut-ins and repetitive band songs.

So you want the game to take longer to get out, or if they keep the same schedule, less fixes, etc?

People choose the weirdest stuff to dislike.

tweetintoucan 08-23-2011 01:37 AM

When did I say I disliked it? I don't like it or dislike it...its a menu. I just noted that there are some interesting things scattered throughout. They love megaphones.

PowerofRed25 08-23-2011 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by der juicen (Post 2042754585)
So you want the game to take longer to get out, or if they keep the same schedule, less fixes, etc?

People choose the weirdest stuff to dislike.

The menu's couldn't possibly be more annoyingly slow, I don't think a more polished menu design would change that.

That said, I would rather the menu be black and white and in 2D if it meant it would actually move some what faster.

ViLLiO 08-23-2011 01:55 AM

I agree that it should be more about your favorite team. I'd love to see Bo Jackson, Cadillac, Ronnie Brown, Cam Newton highlights than all of this random ESPN crap.

Equinox831 08-23-2011 01:56 AM

People complain about anything.. The intro to the menu that you only see when you start the game up? Really?