Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I think I had a HUGE hand in creating a feature in MADDEN... Or am i wrong? (/forums/showthread.php?t=504391)

Jetpac 08-23-2011 08:39 AM

I think I had a HUGE hand in creating a feature in MADDEN... Or am i wrong?

I was playing the Madden 12 DEMO... and I noticed the defensive assist button (which was in Madden 10-11 as well after I did a little research)... At first I thought.. Man, I think this is a cool feature, then i did a little more thinking, I remembered actually posting something about this back in 2009

Go to a look at this thread

Basically my idea was incorporated almost verbatim (Although I wish my "Jump the route" feature would have made it in as well lol). I think that is REALLY cool, really really cool so see OS users getting huge input like that.

Thoughts? Or am I wrong?

passman11 08-23-2011 08:50 AM

Re: I think I had a HUGE hand in creating a feature in MADDEN... Or am i wrong?

i believe you my man but your not going to get any credit or acknowlgement, back when OS was madden maniea i thought about the idea that is now MY PLAYER MODE and they deleted my thread! lol

Redskins_Hokies 08-23-2011 09:05 AM

hasn't the defensive assist button been in NCAA since 2009? I don't mean to burst your bubble but I don't think you had any help.

Not to mention you say you had a huge hand in creating a feature in Madden? Well if it was in NCAA 2009 it just means that they put the control over in Madden a few years back.

Jetpac 08-23-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redskins_Hokies (Post 2042755116)
hasn't the defensive assist button been in NCAA since 2009? I don't mean to burst your bubble but I don't think you had any help.

Not to mention you say you had a huge hand in creating a feature in Madden? Well if it was in NCAA 2009 it just means that they put the control over in Madden a few years back.

Your not bursting my bubble dude. lmfao if it was in NCAA 09 then awesome, thats why I asked at the end of the thread.. "am I wrong?"

Anybody confirm it was in NCAA 09?

EDIT:

I can confirm it was NOT in NCAA 09.. It made its debut in NCAA 10

Redskins_Hokies 08-23-2011 09:58 AM

http://ncaastrategies.com/utopiaarch...ad.php?t=69203

Then why are people talking about it in JUL 2009?

"Defensive assist is only available in the "Player Lock" feature. Player lock is initiated by clicking down the left thumbstick. The camera should pan to be behind you; from that point on you control that player and that player only.

Sometimes when in this camera view (like in the Road to Glory mode) you miss your assignment or lose it and want to return to the play-designed assignment for your player. That's when you hold down the X button (for PS3) and the cpu will take over your player and play them for you. Once you release the X button its back in your control.

Basically it's a way to make sure that you don't mess up too badly when in Player Lock"

Tomba 08-23-2011 10:07 AM

If I've heard of ya they've heard of ya:)

Hova57 08-23-2011 10:36 AM

it that's the case I know they used my tackle Idea . ways ago i said we should have square as form tackle and hit stick as a different type of tackle. it was in one of those wishlist threads.

here it is: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-control.html

WolverineFan 08-23-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redskins_Hokies (Post 2042755202)
http://ncaastrategies.com/utopiaarch...ad.php?t=69203

Then why are people talking about it in JUL 2009?

"Defensive assist is only available in the "Player Lock" feature. Player lock is initiated by clicking down the left thumbstick. The camera should pan to be behind you; from that point on you control that player and that player only.

Sometimes when in this camera view (like in the Road to Glory mode) you miss your assignment or lose it and want to return to the play-designed assignment for your player. That's when you hold down the X button (for PS3) and the cpu will take over your player and play them for you. Once you release the X button its back in your control.

Basically it's a way to make sure that you don't mess up too badly when in Player Lock"

If they were talking about it in July of 09 then it would be about the new game at the time I would think....and that would be NCAA 10. Don't know how long you've been playing, but the game is always dated for the next year. Ex. NCAA 12 came out in 2011.