Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Official Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=504855)

aholbert32 08-25-2011 05:40 PM

Official Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread

This is not the place to complain. If you are having the same bug as someone else, use the THANK button on the bottom right hand corner of the post to show that you are also facing the same problem.

THE ONLY POSTS IN THIS THREAD THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE THE FOLLOWING TEMPLATE IN THEM ARE QUESTIONS FROM THE MADDEN DEVELOPMENT TEAM.

If anyone with a developer username (designated as purple) asks you a question, please answer it as soon as you can.

Same as before, use the template below:

Whats the bug?

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? (Gameplay, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....)

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?

How often can the bug be reproduced?

Do you have video or pictures?

- Thank you

Black59Razr 08-25-2011 10:31 PM

Re: Official Bugs/Glitches Discussion Thread

1. Whats the bug? Punt coverage team tips the football into the endzone, and player also walks through the endzone. Instead of a touchback, opponent gets the ball on the 1 yard line.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? (Gameplay, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....) Gameplay

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it? I manually tried to keep the ball out of the endzone.

How often can the bug be reproduced? Not sure.

Do you have video or pictures? No.

2. Whats the bug? I called a timeout while on defense. The refs reviewed the play and overturned it. This overturn meant I did not want to use my timeout, but I did not get it back.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? (Gameplay, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....) Gameplay

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it? Explained above.

How often can the bug be reproduced? Not sure.

Do you have video or pictures? No.

StumpyJones 08-25-2011 11:10 PM

The bug: game freeze
System: 360
How to replicate: While editing the Saints depth chart (in both Online and My Madden menus), I switched up WR's then when I attempt to move to TE, it freezes. Happened to me 3 times in a row. (this is with the roster update available Thurs)

No bueno.

EDIT: seems like just trying to access anything past WR on the Saints depth chart causes it.
RE-EDIT: looks like it's strictly the Saints. I accessed the Packers TE, then changed teams to Saints and le Freeze. Ick.
ONE MORE EDIT, Temp-fix style: Depth chart in game works. Outside though, Saints players are hosed.

Aggies7 08-26-2011 06:54 AM

Whats the bug?

It allows you to import a draft class from NCAA but they are no where to be found once you import. It acts like it's loading the draft class but when you go to scouting it's generated players. I simmed to the draft and player are still not there.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? (Gameplay, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....)

Franchise

Tried it multiple times. Dookie suggested trying to use my 2013 draft class. Same thing happens. Tried to sim multiple years in and then import draft class and that still didn't work.

Everytime you try to import. Cannot find a work around.

N/A

WadeWilson2099 08-26-2011 02:19 PM

Not sure if this is a bug or just poor art direction, either way its not a huge deal, but I'm sure there are some other uniform nuts out there that will notice this.

Whats the bug?

It appears that all players pad heights are too high IN GAME(Practice Exhibition, Etc), but when looking at them in Edit Player, everything appears fine.

System

How did it happen?

In Edit Player, the players pad height corresponds to the pad height slider, however once you go into a game, the pad height is higher than what it was in the edit player screen. If the user moves the pad height slider to the maximum, in game ,the pad height is even higher than that maximum setting. (you'll notice a players face mask going through his pads)

How often can it be reproduced

Always. The players pad height in Edit Player does not correspond to the players pad height IN GAME.

Any pictures/video?

Ill try to capture an image on my phone and see if it shows up clear enough to post.

Here are 2 images that showcase what i am talking about. The first image is from edit player, the 2nd is from practice mode. You can clearly see a difference in the height of the players pads. I did not change any slider. The 2nd image is taken immediately after leaving the edit player screen and booting up a practice mode. Maybe the devs did intend this.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Again i realize this isn't anything major, however I'm assuming the dev team didn't intend for this to happen.

PaPZ187 08-26-2011 03:27 PM

Whats the bug? Incorrect Turnover number in "In Game Stats" at halftime....my RB (Shonn Greene) fumbled and Pittsburgh recovered it, I Challenged the fumble and it was Overturned, so I retained possession. At Halftime I looked at Team Stats, noticed it said we each had 1 Turnover a piece, however I did NOT have any besides the fumble that was Overturned by the Challenge. For the record, my RB Greene does NOT have a fumble in his individual stats, the only place it showed up was under the Team Stats.

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it? I did nothing besides challenge the fumble and got it overturned and retained possession....havent been in this situation before to know if this is consistent problem.

How often can the bug be reproduced? Dont know....first time I won a challenge to keep possession of the ball on a turnover.

Do you have video or pictures? Yes. I took a picture of my QB INTs (Sanchez - 0), my RBs Fumbles (Greene - 0, Tomlinson - 0), my opponents Defensive Stats (Pittsburgh - shows no INT or FF) and the Team Stats screen where it says I did infact turn the ball over once despite getting the fumble overturned.

crabcola 08-26-2011 03:43 PM

Whats the bug? Player of the Game Award logic. I played a game with the Rams in which Steven Jackson had 220 yards and 3 touchdowns, and we won the game handily. The player of the game was awarded to a safety with 2 tackles and a fumble recovery.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? Exhibition
How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it? N/A

How often can the bug be reproduced? N/A

goh 08-26-2011 05:14 PM

Whats the bug?
A pass towards the sideline was ruled out. It was clearly in by a mile.
It was under 2 minutes so it was reviewed. They said the call was overturned but the announcers said the ref got it right after review and he was out of bounds. In the end it was still ruled out of bounds despite very clearly being in.

Gameplay

A similar inicdent happend later with the other team. They threw one towards the side of the endzone and it was ruled out. The review said the call stands and he was out but the announcers said he was in. It did correctly stand as out of bounds though.

No idea.
Ok it just happend again. Said it was over turned but there was no change.

No.

~~~

Whats the bug?
INT was close to the ground. There was booth review even though it was less than 20 seconds into the game. The other team wasn't charged a time out. Maybe I missed a rule change but isn't only automatic with less than 2 minutes in the half?

Gameplay

Nothing.

It happend just after I wrote the last one so haven't seen it again yet.

No.