Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Strategy Pad Quick Links (/forums/showthread.php?t=504999)

StumpyJones 08-26-2011 11:05 AM

Strategy Pad Quick Links

So these are always a must for me, because it just takes longer for me to go through the actual menu (plus I don't like showing my opponent what I'm calling), but last night I couldn't seem to get Oline shifts going with LT. Anybody else having an issue?

EccentricMeat 08-26-2011 11:20 AM

Re: Strategy Pad Quick Links

Quote:

Originally Posted by StumpyJones (Post 2042767951)
So these are always a must for me, because it just takes longer for me to go through the actual menu (plus I don't like showing my opponent what I'm calling), but last night I couldn't seem to get Oline shifts going with LT. Anybody else having an issue?

Press down on the D-pad for O-line shifts. It's my understanding that they took out LT for line shifts :(

StumpyJones 08-26-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EccentricMeat (Post 2042767994)
Press down on the D-pad for O-line shifts. It's my understanding that they took out LT for line shifts :(

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'm trying to get all of the pre-snap stuff down because I hate that friggin' menu.

TNT713 08-26-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EccentricMeat (Post 2042767994)

Nope... It's still in the game.

Go to Settings - Game Options - and set the "Strategy Pad Quick Links" to ON.

This will give you back all the shoulder button and LT to set protections WHILE allowing you to use the left analog to make shifts without having to remove your thumb.

Hope this helps!

Later

Only1LT 08-26-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNT713 (Post 2042768804)

This will give you back all the shoulder button and LT to set protections WHILE allowing you to use the left analog to make shifts without having to remove your thumb.

Hope this helps!

Later

Is this in Retail? Because when I tried this in the demo the L2 did nothing.

StumpyJones 08-26-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNT713 (Post 2042768804)

Hope this helps!

Later

Turning that on was the first thing I did after an hour of trying to access the Saints depth chart. LT still wasn't working (I got the retail version last night). I'll try it again as well as the D-pad down after work.