Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Gameinformer review (/forums/showthread.php?t=505001)

bkrich83 08-26-2011 01:59 PM

Re: Gameinformer review

Quote:

Originally Posted by adfletch71 (Post 2042768545)
Its not bashing giant, your bashing if they have improved the game and u still say they haven't. People have been on these forums for years including u, voicing there concerns and frustrations about MADDEN. They have improved, nobody saying they didn't, I'm sure not...BUT. They have had 6 years on the console and they are way behind on fundamentals. Try and get a pass interference call for me. :boxing:

The funny thing is people complained about PI in NCAA. Right after I read that thread I got one. Of course I've seen a grand total of two.

I think part of the problem is, I believe casual gamers get frustrated by penalties, particularly ones that nullify big plays for them. I think the notion to keep them toned down, is a design decision. Purely speculative of course.

bkrich83 08-26-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECElite3 (Post 2042768597)
How about penalties, specifically pass interference? How about the NCAA team releasing a football game with no intentional grounding? When is the last time you saw an offensive pass interference penalty or even a defensive pass interference penalty?

Are penalties no longer a "big" part of football. Do they not play a major role game in and game out? They do!

Again... Is EA really listening? Josh you can chime in if you would like.

What do penalties have to do with my post? Are you getting on me for this? I am not defending the game. Merely posting my observations and opinions from what I see. I am not a believer in the you either have to love it or hate it theme that goes on here. I just play the game, if I like it I keep playing it, if i don't i stop.

As far as penalties I posted my opinion on them in my previous post.

SECElit3 08-26-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkrich83 (Post 2042768605)
The funny thing is people complained about PI in NCAA. Right after I read that thread I got one. Of course I've seen a grand total of two.

I think part of the problem is, I believe casual gamers get frustrated by penalties, particularly ones that nullify big plays for them. I think the notion to keep them toned down, is a design decision. Purely speculative of course.

Simulation players don't... I don't. If this is the case, I pose the question;
What type of gamer are they catering to? True to the game says simulation to me.

Thoughts

SECElit3 08-26-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkrich83 (Post 2042768613)
What do penalties have to do with my post? Are you getting on me for this? I am not defending the game. Merely posting my observations and opinions from what I see. I am not a believer in the you either have to love it or hate it theme that goes on here. I just play the game, if I like it I keep playing it, if i don't i stop.

As far as penalties I posted my opinion on them in my previous post.

Nope, not getting onto you at all and am actually enjoying the discussion we are having. It is interesting to get view points from others and you seem to have logical thought process. I am more learning than anything.

Giants4Natic 08-26-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECElite3 (Post 2042768618)
What type of gamer are they catering to? True to the game says simulation to me.

Thoughts

They cater to the gamers, this silly notion that gaming companies are going to cater only to those hard core sim heads is beyond me.

They cater to what puts money in their pockets/ a normal gamer wanting a good football game is not concerned with foot planting and double team blocking

Us hard core gamers do but we are not the majority.

As a gaming company if EA makes a sports game that casual fans cannot pick up and play as well then that is less money to earn.

Is called simple logic.

They implement sim hard core elements to please those fans but must also make the game play like what it is (A Video Game)

bkrich83 08-26-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECElite3 (Post 2042768618)

Thoughts

I believe casual gamers first, people like us second. I don't think that's ever been in doubt. In some ways that was even the way 2k went about their business, I just think their designers did a better job of catering to everyone.

Here's the thing, and I am not just talking about football games. People love to scream, "realism" and "sim" but a lot of times when they get it, they complain that the game is broken or has an issue. I don't remember what version it was, but one of the games came out with a pretty realistic number of injuries, and people complained that there were too many injuries, that all their star players were getting hurt. I wonder if any of those people have ever looked at an injury report from week to week or post game to post game.

I get the feeling realistic penalties would create the same issue. Now haivng sliders that you can micro tune to your want is the answer, nor am I defending EA here, it's just been that's what I've seen in the past. And not just with football games.

bkrich83 08-26-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECElite3 (Post 2042768628)
Nope, not getting onto you at all and am actually enjoying the discussion we are having. It is interesting to get view points from others and you seem to have logical thought process. I am more learning than anything.

Sorry it just seemed that way. I am way to used to people calling me an apologist if I don't blindly hate all things EA.

adfletch71 08-26-2011 02:19 PM

But they can cater too both and did EA forget who got madden on the charts, it's was the sim gamers. U can make a sim game engine and use difficulty levels for the casual gamers. isn't that what sliders are for? If I want PI and other penalties called all the time, I should be able too at 100. Not every 7 games played and 2 PI are called at 100 sliders. We buy the game because we love football, and it seems like were being cheated out of that because of the casual gamer.:boxing: