Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Gameinformer review (/forums/showthread.php?t=505001)

Dogslax41 08-26-2011 12:45 PM

Re: Gameinformer review

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombSong (Post 2042768216)
As with all reviews all that really matters is what was true and what was not true in what he said ?

Is that true or not true ?

Ultimately we can scream on peoples opinions of the game one way or the other, but when they are pointing out specific stuff, you can't ignore it and at the very least have an explanation for it.

Or you could be missing the forrest for the trees. Most of the complaints are about all new features that most of us on here begged for and now that they aren't implemented flawlessly to the standards of a reviewer people are flipping out and raising their boycott flags.

I enjoyed Madden last year for a few weeks but ended up putting it down much earlier than I wanted because it wasn't deep enough. Now they have added all kinds of depth to the franchise and this reviewer seems to be panning them for not perfecting the implementation of all these new features while the entire time saying that nothing new was added.

I will be the first to admit that I still favor the other football game from 05, but I don't see any reason to be so closed minded and slam a game for moving backward by adding new features that aren't 100% flawlessly implemented. And if developers are going to listen and start putting in features that we ask for I am more inclined to accept a couple issues with those features while they work to improve them.

jorge380 08-26-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh_Looman (Post 2042768180)
At the end of the day, we made the game for the fans, not reviewers.

I never designed one franchise feature this year with any thought to how Game Informer would like it.

Keep in mind....they gave Head Coach 09 a 25 out of 100.

Everything we added in franchise mode was requested by you guys...at the end of the day, if you guys are happy = reviews don't matter.

Sorry i dont want to sound like a punk,but you guys really dont care about that Metacritic score?

coolcras7 08-26-2011 12:48 PM

The review is pretty fair, you can try to deny the shot comings all you want but they still exist. Madden to me is like describing football to someone who has never seen football before you tell them the basics because trying to explain why this guy or this team is truly better than this guy/team would be too complicated.

mestevo 08-26-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorge380 (Post 2042768278)
Sorry i dont want to sound like a punk,but you guys really dont care about that Metacritic score?

There's certainly some pride involved, but at the end of the day if people are happy and the game is successful, not deliberately adding some marginally useful feature just so a reviewer can't dock points for 'no new modes' doesn't really matter.

SECElit3 08-26-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giants4Natic (Post 2042768147)
One bad review which makes zero sense and you are now saying you wont get it.

Might as well not bother getting it if your opinion is swayed by one bad review compared to many good ones.

What about 4 Bad Reviews? How about the mention of bugs and glitches? Disappearing players? (They probably just made that up)

How about Pasta's impression of the Play Action, QB Passing performance, and special teams play?

How many years have those been issues?

Pour the Kool Aid down the sink...

TombSong 08-26-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogslax41 (Post 2042768276)
Or you could be missing the forrest for the trees. Most of the complaints are about all new features that most of us on here begged for and now that they aren't implemented flawlessly to the standards of a reviewer people are flipping out and raising their boycott flags.

I enjoyed Madden last year for a few weeks but ended up putting it down much earlier than I wanted because it wasn't deep enough. Now they have added all kinds of depth to the franchise and this reviewer seems to be panning them for not perfecting the implementation of all these new features while the entire time saying that nothing new was added.

I will be the first to admit that I still favor the other football game from 05, but I don't see any reason to be so closed minded and slam a game for moving backward by adding new features that aren't 100% flawlessly implemented. And if developers are going to listen and start putting in features that we ask for I am more inclined to accept a couple issues with those features while they work to improve them.

Really we all need to stop stressing over whether we agree/disagree on whats being said in the review based on personal opinions but rather is what being said is true or not. That's why reviews should get into the meat of a game and talk more along the lines of the tech and game mechanics.

Does the game do what its suppose to do. Does X,Y,Z feature work as advertised. Whether the game is fun or not will be left up to the consumer and can be debated, but stuff thats broken/fixed, half working/working as advertised, or not done properly/innovated properly should be the focus of a review.

If what he says that people don't like in the review is true, how can they get upset ? If he is telling a lie, then yeah, or stating opinion as facts yeah, but if X is broken and its been demonstrated, how can any one argue that ?

adfletch71 08-26-2011 12:56 PM

No disrespect too JOSH, but the madden team has not been listening too the fans over the years. So many fundamentals elements of football are missing from madden, and the community have been very vocal about it.

Foot planting
Head tracking
Double team blocking on passing plays
Different animations for wr/ cb interactions
Halftime show
Non-slipping and sliding
The list goes on and on, so the proof is in the pudding and we have 2006-2011 for a track record. So tell me if the madden team has been listening to the community?:boxing:

Dogslax41 08-26-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombSong (Post 2042768297)
Really we all need to stop stressing over whether we agree/disagree on whats being said in the review based on personal opinions but rather is what being said is true or not. That's why reviews should get into the meat of a game and talk more along the lines of the tech and game mechanics.

Does the game do what its suppose to do. Does X,Y,Z feature work as advertised. Whether the game is fun or not will be left up to the consumer and can be debated, but stuff thats broken/fixed, half working/working as advertised, or not done properly/innovated properly should be the focus of a review.

If what he says that people don't like in the review is true, how can they get upset ? If he is telling a lie, then yeah, or stating opinion as facts yeah, but if X is broken and its been demonstrated, how can any one argue that ?

That was more or less my point I think I just worded it incorrectly. My point was more that his thesis of his review seems to be downgrading the game because it went backwards and didn't add anything but the body of his review is mosly focused on picking apart new features for not having certain aspects. Not saying if they are overall broken or not just dont have certain features that he wanted. The tone was what really kind of put me off to his review. And much of what he presented did seem to be throwing his opinion out there as fact.