Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Importing Draft Classes (Maybe a big problem) (/forums/showthread.php?t=505039)

plexxx 08-26-2011 01:58 PM

Importing Draft Classes (Maybe a big problem)

ok i brought in my draft class from ncaa 12. scouted them, drafted them. everything is going great.

that is until the start of season 2. when some generated rookies that were not in the draft started showing up on teams rosters. some rated as high as 94 and taking over starting roles.

i dont know if it happens all the time, because i have only done that one season.

maybe someone else can try and see if they have the same problem?

example: a rookie qb rated 94 overall named Brandon Winter showing up on the eagles and taking vicks job

CarryTheWeight 08-26-2011 02:23 PM

Re: Importing Draft Classes (Maybe a big problem)

Are these players "training camp bodies" or UDFA's or simply showing up randomly in the free agent pool? Maybe the game generates them regardless of if the user imports a draft class or uses their generated rookie classes. Kind of a shame, since I would have liked to see the game use undrafted players as camp invitees.

ManBeast77 08-26-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plexxx (Post 2042768602)
ok i brought in my draft class from ncaa 12. scouted them, drafted them. everything is going great.

that is until the start of season 2. when some generated rookies that were not in the draft started showing up on teams rosters. some rated as high as 94 and taking over starting roles.

i dont know if it happens all the time, because i have only done that one season.

maybe someone else can try and see if they have the same problem?

example: a rookie qb rated 94 overall named Brandon Winter showing up on the eagles and taking vicks job

is this during the preseason, because during the pre-season you dont knwo what your rookies are rated so it shows an inflated or deflated overall to make cutting more difficult, like it had cam newton as a 35.

XI CMURDER IX 08-26-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight (Post 2042768708)
Are these players "training camp bodies" or UDFA's or simply showing up randomly in the free agent pool? Maybe the game generates them regardless of if the user imports a draft class or uses their generated rookie classes. Kind of a shame, since I would have liked to see the game use undrafted players as camp invitees.

This. It did it in NFL Head Coach too. They will go down to their true ratings after the preseason. Remember, the longer you have them on the roster the more ratings that are unlocked.

mavfan21 08-26-2011 02:39 PM

When you are scouting players in-season or at combine/pro days are they ranked in any way? Like by expected draft round? Are they just all lumped together?

oldman 08-26-2011 02:41 PM

With you guys who are importing draft classes, are you not concerned that the issues that the NCAA game is having with their custom rosters will carry over to Madden?

HammerOfGod 08-26-2011 02:43 PM

So are you saying that despite importing a draft class, the game is still generating more rookies? If so, :brickwall.

That's just stupid and defeats the purpose of importing classes to me. I just want to use the guys from my Dynasty and no guys generated by Madden.

Broncos86 08-26-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 2042768794)
With you guys who are importing draft classes, are you not concerned that the issues that the NCAA game is having with their custom rosters will carry over to Madden?

NCAA 12 and Madden 12 don't directly share the same qualities when it comes to ratings. For example, traits and roles. So no, I'm not concerned.