Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Trade advice? (/forums/showthread.php?t=505148)

bingo911 08-26-2011 10:03 PM

Trade advice?

I'm trying to bring an elite pass rusher to the New England patriots but for some reason making a trade in the preseason of franchise mode is impossible so, I figure I'll do the trade before I start but I want it to be fair so I need some input.

What would it cost the patriots to get Justin tuck? Mario Williams? Or Brian orakpo?

Mayo, Chung, fat Albert, Ocho, welker, mccourty, and Brady are all untouchable.

Thoughts?

TeamBuilder 08-26-2011 10:31 PM

Re: Trade advice?

Osi Umenyiora would be the fairest and most logical... But of the three that you listed I would think Tuck makes the most sense. Mario and Orakpo are too young and untouchable to their teams. Some high draft picks? It would probably cost at least a first and third to land Tuck.

Xotros 08-26-2011 10:46 PM

Tuck? orakpo? I think it would cost a 1st/2nd and a need position.

Lexicon 08-26-2011 10:52 PM

I think Branch and a 1st or 2nd Round pick would be fair for Orakpo and a 4th or 5th rounder.

LSX 08-26-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamBuilder (Post 2042770734)
Osi Umenyiora would be the fairest and most logical... But of the three that you listed I would think Tuck makes the most sense. Mario and Orakpo are too young and untouchable to their teams. Some high draft picks? It would probably cost at least a first and third to land Tuck.

This.

Umenyiora would make sense, and I'd assume he could be had for a 2nd round pick IRL.

Tuck or Orakpo would cost a ton, and you'd have to give up the farm for Mario Williams. I think if a team were crazy enough to ask the Texans for Williams, they would ask for three 1st round picks in return. Teams just don't trade guys like that unless they have a reason (contract holdout, locker room cancer, off-field troubles, etc). Jared Allen to the Vikings was extremely rare, and he was not viewed as an elite player at the time.

bingo911 08-26-2011 11:01 PM

i did matt light, leigh bodden, gary guyton, a first rounder, and brian hoyer (with elavated attributes) for orakpo and some other mlb who ended up getting cut.

JosephAddai29 08-26-2011 11:40 PM

I thought the pats already had a good d-line... but if I were you Id try and deal a pick, or just wait til the draft and get one there

37 08-27-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bingo911 (Post 2042770852)
i did matt light, leigh bodden, gary guyton, a first rounder, and brian hoyer (with elavated attributes) for orakpo and some other mlb who ended up getting cut.

The Redskins can't win at any level *sigh*