Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Funny commentary (/forums/showthread.php?t=505206)

StumpyJones 08-27-2011 02:00 AM

Funny commentary

OK. We all know by now that the commentary is completely useless, but it is good for a laugh. I give you the following gold:

I'm the Saints playing the Eagles. Vick throws a bubble screen that is intercepted by Patrick Robinson. Gus says,"Vick is intercepted by DeShon Jackson who led his team to the 2010 Super Bowl."

Nice.

Holt81 08-27-2011 02:08 AM

Re: Funny commentary

Quote:

Originally Posted by StumpyJones (Post 2042771465)
OK. We all know by now that the commentary is completely useless, but it is good for a laugh. I give you the following gold:

I'm the Saints playing the Eagles. Vick throws a bubble screen that is intercepted by Patrick Robinson. Gus says,"Vick is intercepted by DeShon Jackson who led his team to the 2010 Super Bowl."

Nice.

lol. Same in the game I'm watching here, Hasselbeck throws a td pass to Chris Johnson and Chris says, "You know, Chris Johnson is such a great quarterback, he reads the field so well.." The calling players the wrong names, needs to be fixed. And saying they're quarterbacks when they aren't.

brarstar 08-27-2011 02:15 AM

Commentary in this game is so horrible that I just turn it down and listen to podcasts while I play now

StumpyJones 08-27-2011 02:19 AM

Oh, it doesn't stop either.

After pinning a punt on the 7: "They're already up in this game and this field position should help them add to their lead."

After returning a kickoff for an average gain: "He's looking to make up for that turnover on their last drive." (there were no turnovers in the game)

Mark Ingram with a 5yd TD run: "It's so hard to defend these running backs coming out of the backfield so close to the goal line ..."

It goes on and on.