Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Reviewer question? (/forums/showthread.php?t=505448)

hort22 08-28-2011 10:17 AM

Reviewer question?

So reviewers are saying that 12 plays better then madden 11 and yet are giving it a lower score...what's the deal?

roadman 08-28-2011 10:29 AM

Re: Reviewer question?

They over scored previous Maddens is my guess.

At the end of the day, you are the best reviewer.

jkra0512 08-28-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2042775739)
They over scored previous Maddens is my guess.

At the end of the day, you are the best reviewer.

I agree with this, but I'm happy they are giving scores closer to what their reviews are actually saying. For instance, Game Informer gave Madden '12 a score of 7.5, with a second opinion of 7.0.

In their specific review of the game, they said,

"A number of issues, including super-jumping linebackers, poor ball awareness, and atrocious special teams mar the gameplay. It sounds insignificant, but I also hate the menu setup because it makes you do so much unnecessary work to get where you want to go."

If they notice it and it's been going on for years, it should be given worse scores because they haven't given attention to those glaring issues.

Other than Gamefly, I'm not paying $25 to play three days of Madden, hardly seems worth it, to try out the entire game. If it were a week, that would be a different story...

roadman 08-28-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkra0512 (Post 2042775823)
I agree with this, but I'm happy they are giving scores closer to what their reviews are actually saying. For instance, Game Informer gave Madden '12 a score of 7.5, with a second opinion of 7.0.

In their specific review of the game, they said,

"A number of issues, including super-jumping linebackers, poor ball awareness, and atrocious special teams mar the gameplay. It sounds insignificant, but I also hate the menu setup because it makes you do so much unnecessary work to get where you want to go."

If they notice it and it's been going on for years, it should be given worse scores because they haven't given attention to those glaring issues.

Other than Gamefly, I'm not paying $25 to play three days of Madden, hardly seems worth it, to try out the entire game. If it were a week, that would be a different story...

Agree, I'm an offline guy, so, I feel that super LB's will be able to either edit or reduce with sliders. I'm panning through the game play impressions here and I don't see many people complaining about super LB's.

I have mine pre-ordered, so, I'm not giving EA $25 more.

jkra0512 08-28-2011 11:21 AM

Game Informer's review was the first time I saw the Super Linebackers thing, which really scares me since it's referred to so specifically.

Although, I don't believe I should have to manually adjust the jump rating for LBs, I might do it for Madden because there are only 32 teams, rather than 120 in NCAA...

hort22 08-28-2011 02:50 PM

also i have only played both demos and from reading here ncaa is not the most polished game in the world...and yet the reviews on that game from metacritic are higher then madden.

MaddenFranchise10 08-28-2011 02:56 PM

Yeah I definitely read the terms "super linebackers" and "psychic defensive backs" for the first time in any mainstream Madden review.