Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   therizing02's Madden Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=505549)

therizing02 08-28-2011 07:14 PM

therizing02's Madden Sliders

So I've been messing with sliders since Friday in an effort to significantly lower the number WWF hits in the game.

My first move was to lower the gameplay speed to very slow. I started at normal and worked my way down because of the warping hit animations just look God awful.

With the Tackle setting to 5 for both the CPU and USER, the animations are a lot smoother and the WWF tackles have been reduced.

What I found more interesting than all of that was that with the tackle rating so low, the reaction times in all other parts of the game by the CPU were also slowed down. This has had a strange effect on how the CPU plays the run, pass, and it also slows down the pass rush.

I got to the point where I moved my Run Blocking to 0, Break Tackle to 0, moved the CPU Break Block to 50, and Run Reaction to 50 and was still running all over the CPU.

To confirm this I raised the CPU tackle slider to 25, used the Dolphins in a scheduled franchise game against the Patriots and was shut out 16-0 until I moved the slider back to 15 and then promptly marched down the field with 2 consecutive TD drives and miss the 2pt. conversion and lose 16-14.

Can some one else give this a run to see if you experience the same thing.

Per request, here are the last settings I used:

Auto Sprint ON
Auto Strafe OFF

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr></tr><tr><td style="background-image: url('/vBulletin/images/quotes/04.gif');width:37px;height:1px;" width="37">
</td><td style="background-image: url('/vBulletin/images/quotes/00.gif');width:100%;height:1px;" width="100%">USER/CPU

QBA 20/30
PBL 0/0
WRC 40/40

Broken Tackles 0/0
Run Blocking 0/0
Fumbles40/40

Pass Reaction Time 0/0
INT 20/20
Pass Rush 55/50

Rush Reaction 0/0
Block Shedding 0/0
Tackling 15/15

Speed Threshold 50

</td></tr></tbody></table>

bukktown 08-28-2011 08:03 PM

Re: Tackle Slider is the key to all defensive reactions

Good stuff man. I'm glad to check this out tonight. What do you think I should set it at? 15? 20?

Playmakers 08-28-2011 08:10 PM

I know in Madden 11 the Tackle slider set low would open the entire CPU playbook for their running game.

I settled with it at default 50 but ultimatley i'm a big believer that the tackle slider in both NCAA Football and Madden should always be set as low as you can tolerate it because the best RB animations are triggered with the lowest tackle slider on display

If you have trouble tackling i'd leave it up high but if you are pretty good or your team is a very good run defensive team i'd reccommend the tackle slider being set around 25 for Human

I haven't tested anything yet with the retail version but in the DEMO version for Maddden 12 i was using these settings

CPU (Everything was default)
Broken Tackles-50
Run Block-50
Fumbles-50

Human
Reaction Time-0
Block Shed-25
Tackle-25

Again that is where i was at when i played the DEMO......I haven't tweaked anything yet for the retail copy

Jarodd21 08-28-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playmakers (Post 2042777683)
I know in Madden 11 the Tackle slider set low would open the entire CPU playbook for their running game.

I settled with it at default 50 but ultimatley i'm a big believer that the tackle slider in both NCAA Football and Madden should always be set as low as you can tolerate it because the best RB animations are triggered with the lowest tackle slider on display

If you have trouble tackling i'd leave it up high but if you are pretty good or your team is a very good run defensive team i'd reccommend the tackle slider being set around 25 for Human

I haven't tested anything yet with the retail version but in the DEMO version for Maddden 12 i was using these settings

Broken Tackles-50
Run Block-50
Fumbles-50

Human
Reaction Time-0
Block Shed-25
Tackle-25

Again that is where i was at when i played the DEMO......I haven't tweaked anything yet for the retail copy

I see you actually went with an All-Madden USER rush defense. Are you going to have some USER areas on All-Madden this year?

To the OP. On 11 the Tackling slider had a big effect on the reaction of the CPU defense. I did a lot of testing with that. I'm not sure how it is on 12 yet. I've only been messing with the Demo..

therizing02 08-28-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playmakers (Post 2042777683)

Broken Tackles-50
Run Block-50
Fumbles-50

Human
Reaction Time-0
Block Shed-25
Tackle-25

I keep the Broken Tackles at either 0 or 5. Way too many instances of scat backs running over DeMarcus Ware. With the tackle slider at 0 there are plenty of broken tackles and the animations look more realistic.

Here's what I have right now:

All of these are set to 0 for USER

Pass Block
Run Block
Run and Pass Reaction Time
Broken Tackles

I have the CPU Run Reaction and Block Shedding at 50. If I move the CPU Tackle slider to 0, I will run ragged over the CPU defense. Also, I use the conventional play call method and use Ask Madden. With the Tackle slider at 25, the CPU defense is significantly better at stopping the run, but the animations look awful and the WWF hits return. At 25 the CPU also brings a better pass rush and they defend the pass better. I'm going to experiment at 15.

Jarodd21 08-28-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therizing02 (Post 2042777763)
I keep the Broken Tackles at either 0 or 5. Way too many instances of scat backs running over DeMarcus Ware. With the tackle slider at 0 there are plenty of broken tackles and the animations look more realistic.

I just bout my USER tackling up to 50 to match the CPU break tackles. It seemed just fine right there.. My USER rush defense look like this..

Reaction- 0
Block Shed- 25
Tackling- 50

I left the CPUs rushing offense on default 50 for everything.. The break tackles were defenitely toned down once I did that but that was with the Demo. I don't know how the game play is with the retail game.. IMO as long as you keep the USER tackling the same as the CPUs break tackles you won't see the crazy break tackling..

Von Dozier 08-28-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therizing02 (Post 2042777470)
My first move was to lower the gameplay speed to very slow. I started at normal and worked my way down because of the warping hit animations just look God awful.

I'm starting to warm up to "Very Slow" for Madden 12. I've always been a "Slow" player (and i cannot stand 'normal'), but Very Slow is feeling very smooth.

Anaxamander 08-28-2011 09:34 PM

I want to try it, but I'm confused about your settings. Can you type all of your settings in a list instead of a paragraph?