Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden is going in the right direction. (/forums/showthread.php?t=505577)

pandawinner1972 08-28-2011 09:15 PM

Madden is going in the right direction.

As we all know madden hasn't been as good as all of us have liked. From the lack of franchise features to the "lost connection" in online head to head. We have lost two major people in madden ( Phil Frazier and Ian Cummings )

Madden is finally heading in the right direction. They have inmproved in offline franchise. Next year I hope we get training camp and a hand on draft presentation. The Madden Devs have told us Commentary is coming soon. Even though online franchise received no new additions Leauge Manager we hold for the next year or 2.

Online Communties will make head to head much more enjoyable. With sim experience we are sure to have a great time.

Last but not least madden has new blood which should provide a new and refreshing game.

CigarCityBandit 08-28-2011 10:18 PM

Re: Madden is going in the right direction.

While I agree the game has made some worthy improvements, the situation is still that this franchise will never really step forward until a NEW game engine is developed. This engine is for all practical purposes maximized. At least in as far as what MOST of us care about. Oh dont be fooled, there are a couple of things that they are holding back to be able to use in the last couple of editions of MADDEN before the Next-Next Gen hardware is released. But for the most part the graphics will only marginally increase, the gameplay can only be tweaked so much. Because these glaring flaws are present (I have to surmise) they CANNOT be rectified with this Engine running on this hardware. Just look at what OTHER developers are saying about this gen's hardware and continuing to program for it. (IF EA had innovation up its sleeve it would reveal it, it would be too COSTLY NOT too) So unless EA decides to REMAKE the entire franchise with a new set of tools BEFORE going into the Next-Next Gen era, this is probably the downside of the pinnacle of Madden with 11 actually being the pinnacle. I say that bc this years version got a big lift in graphical detail while using a more realistic collision system, yet almost ALL of the flaws we have seen in recent Maddens STILL exist, or different ones have shown themselves. MOST fans of the series can recite to anyone out there the development cycle. This is now the beginning of the end until NEW hardware comes out or EA's hand is forced by INTERNAL means and external Marketplace demand. If anything other than this occurs I will be both THRILLED to no end and surprised but history indicates this is what is going on.
So while I agree with you its for VERY different reasons.
Since we are on the subject, do you guys remember when we owned PS2s and Xboxes and EA released a trailer of what the "Next Gen" Madden would look like with Michael Strahan rushing the passer in the snow. Yeah...we still arent there yet folks. Nice job by EA of creating a buzz they never EVER lived up to. But it really didnt matter did it...

pandawinner1972 08-28-2011 10:33 PM

I understand what you are saying. Until we get a Realistic Physics Engine the game wil never reach full Poetitial.

CigarCityBandit 08-28-2011 10:54 PM

By the way I do love playing the game. Ive played video game football since the ATARI days and have tried out EVERY different football game put out on consoles because I love football so much. Madden 12 will get ALOT of play in my 360 but I do look forward to what lies ahead.

ggsimmonds 08-28-2011 11:02 PM

It is headed in the right direction, but the speed of improving is insanely slow.

Madden might be a great recreation of the NFL in 5 years or so at this rate.