Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Unrealistic Crowds (/forums/showthread.php?t=505658)

ogwilson 08-29-2011 10:29 AM

Unrealistic Crowds

I appreciate EA trying to get some realism going with the crowds in that not EVERY set will be filled when it's raining or in a preseason game, but for my Green Bay Packers EVERY game is sold out - preseason or otherwise - no matter what the weather is. And 40% of attendees aren't the opponents' fans, either. I know the crowd isn't a huge part of the game, but to see my stands halfway empty when we're 5-2 and in mid-season form is just depressing. We're not the freaking Jacksonville Jaguars.

brza37 08-29-2011 10:55 AM

Re: Unrealistic Crowds

I'd say the majority of NFL games are sold out. Dynamic attendance just isn't realistic or relevant for an NFL video game. Maybe for Jacksonville, Tampa Bay and Oakland but thats it. Some teams like the Packers, Eagles, Steelers, Cowboys etc. have a sold out game streak going back years, even through poor seasons and bad weather games.

In this link 9 teams had 100% or better (better than 100% because of standing room only tickets) attendance for the entire season last year.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/...0/sort/homePct

26 teams had attendance of more than 90% for the season. Dynamic attendance makes sense for basketball and baseball games but in the NFL where every game counts and the majority of tickets are sold before the season even starts, dynamic attendance should be done away with.

robbins 08-29-2011 11:16 AM

There are soooo many issues like this that it's unbelievable the game can get through quality control before release. Absolutely crazy.

kjcheezhead 08-29-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brza37 (Post 2042779394)
I'd say the majority of NFL games are sold out. Dynamic attendance just isn't realistic or relevant for an NFL video game. Maybe for Jacksonville, Tampa Bay and Oakland but thats it. Some teams like the Packers, Eagles, Steelers, Cowboys etc. have a sold out game streak going back years, even through poor seasons and bad weather games.

In this link 9 teams had 100% or better (better than 100% because of standing room only tickets) attendance for the entire season last year.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/...0/sort/homePct

26 teams had attendance of more than 90% for the season. Dynamic attendance makes sense for basketball and baseball games but in the NFL where every game counts and the majority of tickets are sold before the season even starts, dynamic attendance should be done away with.

Dynamic attendance isn't a bad idea for a football game but it should be dependant on how the game plays out. Opening kickoff, the stadium should be full. If the home team is getting beat, I think fans should start leaving as the game goes on.

bucky60 08-29-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjcheezhead (Post 2042779471)
Dynamic attendance isn't a bad idea for a football game but it should be dependant on how the game plays out. Opening kickoff, the stadium should be full. If the home team is getting beat, I think fans should start leaving as the game goes on.

It used to be like this way back when.

brza37 08-29-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjcheezhead (Post 2042779471)

Yeah, good point. I agree with that.

whosgotit 08-29-2011 11:46 AM

They only play like 8 home games a year unlike the other pro sports, the stadium shouldn't be half empty on a season opener based on rain, or for the superbowl.:nono:

CigarCityBandit 08-29-2011 12:43 PM

This is all due to EA trying to simulate fan anger due to the Lockout.
If you just suspend your belief in reality its really very Realistic!