Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Best thing for EA & Gamers. Rebuild (/forums/showthread.php?t=505735)

gamecockfan40 08-29-2011 04:13 PM

Best thing for EA & Gamers. Rebuild

Madden 12 is showing it's age, EA needs to rebuild Madden very bad. But i feel like they will pour this madden on us gamers, until next gen (god help EA if they use this madden on next gen). I ask my self!!! will i keep getting this age old madden till next gens? Answer is no. I am done with this madden. Wouldn't say am done with EA cause am sure if 2k or other company could make a NFL game, we would seen a major diff madden right now, Good for us the same old madden is hitting EA in the place they don't like it to. Their Pocket!!! cause we all know madden don't sell no where the copies it once did. Just not sure how long EA can/will lose money. Again....not lose money but not make what madden once did...

Segagendude 08-29-2011 04:16 PM

Re: Best thing for EA & Gamers. Rebuild

Thanks for sharing.

ggsimmonds 08-29-2011 04:16 PM

If you are wanting a new engine you will have to wait until next gen. That must be understood.

gamecockfan40 08-29-2011 04:27 PM

oh i understand new engine won't come this gen, but anyone that's played football video games for anytime know it's time to rebuild, I started playing football vg early 80's, and have bought every football game made to date...so i will say it's time to rebuild madden

steelersfan77 08-29-2011 04:31 PM

Keep dreaming. You won't get a new engine (engines) next gen either. Have you not been paying attention? What makes you think EA Madden will create a new engine(s) for next gen when they didn't do it for the past gen to this gen? When someone can answer that I'll believe they're creating a new engine(s) for next gen. Thanks.

JayInSaratoga 08-29-2011 04:33 PM

You don't want a rewrite from scratch. It never works in software. You end up with Netscape 5, which pretty much killed Netscape.

gamecockfan40 08-29-2011 04:38 PM

steelfan, you are so true, but hey if ea don't...Someone will i promise you that, let EA not get NFL rights to there self next time, & we will see a new engine. Just not EA's new engine...

Tyrant8RDFL 08-29-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelersfan77 (Post 2042780729)
Keep dreaming. You won't get a new engine next gen either. Have you not been paying attention? What makes you think EA Madden will create a new engine for next gen when they didn't do it for the past gen to this gen? When someone can answer that I'll believe they're creating a new engine for next gen. Thanks.

Just as a note EA is using a different engine from last gen to this current gen. This was pretty evident once you see the animations come to life.

I had asked two years ago if what they were trying to implement with protak if it can be done with last gen engine, and they told me no.

Then they went on to explain what advantages and disadvantages the two engines presented.

So there will be a new engine next gen. That wont even be a question, and when that happens. Then when they will admit all the handicaps this current engine presented, and how this new engine will bring a true authentic brand of football.