Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Transitioning into Retail Version? (/forums/showthread.php?t=505967)

mondoguitar 08-30-2011 12:10 PM

Transitioning into Retail Version?

I won't be purchasing the retail version of Madden 12, but I tried it for 3-4 days. Went 0-14 I believe. LOL... football's not my thing. I just wanted to try it in preparation for NHL.

My question is, how do you transition to the retail version? Should you...

a) delete the installed 4.9GB game and then install the blu-ray or
b) install the blu-ray first and will it automatically delete the early release?
c) does it matter which way you do it?

Your saved game data should be what counts for your stats and trophies right? So as long as you keep that, the disc should just replace the Early Release download?

SGMRock 08-30-2011 01:27 PM

Re: Transitioning into Retail Version?

I have a 360 and you seem to have a PS3 so I'm not sure its the same for you but here is how it worked for me.

Leave the season ticket install alone and start up the retail. Once in the retail saved my profile, I loaded and resaved (can use the same name) all my Franchise files and my personal rosters. I then went onto Xbox Live and downloaded the latest roster from there and let it save the Custom roster thing like it always does with online rosters.

The retail game saves are not compatible fully with the prerelease. You can load them fine but you can't save over them or delete them from inside the Retail Madden because they are not the same version it says. So once I had them all saved in the retail version format I went back to the Xbox dashboard into the Memory and deleted all the prerelease stuff with no problems.

mondoguitar 08-30-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGMRock (Post 2042784680)
I have a 360 and you seem to have a PS3 so I'm not sure its the same for you but here is how it worked for me.

Leave the season ticket install alone and start up the retail. Once in the retail saved my profile, I loaded and resaved (can use the same name) all my Franchise files and my personal rosters. I then went onto Xbox Live and downloaded the latest roster from there and let it save the Custom roster thing like it always does with online rosters.

The retail game saves are not compatible fully with the prerelease. You can load them fine but you can't save over them or delete them from inside the Retail Madden because they are not the same version it says. So once I had them all saved in the retail version format I went back to the Xbox dashboard into the Memory and deleted all the prerelease stuff with no problems.

Yes, I'm on PS3 alone... shouldn't EA Season Ticket have specific instructions to follow for each console so that you don't lose game data possibly. I'm mostly concerned with my player progress, so I guess I'll just leave the ER version alone until I'm sure I have all my data up to date. I won't have a franchise or anything, but I wouldn't want to lose 20 or 30 games played in Be A Pro mode or EASHL. I assume if I put in the retail version and my player is up to date with all stats, I should be able to just delete the ER version at that point.

What happened with your trophies earned in the ER version? Did they all just appear at once (ding, ding, ding, ding) LOL?

mondoguitar 08-30-2011 01:41 PM

But after you were playing off the disc, you just deleted the 5GB ER link? I'm assuming that could be done at any point before or after installing the disc right?

Altimus 08-30-2011 02:01 PM

I deleted the EarlyRelease install, installed the new game, loaded it and loaded save by save. My profile and franchise look to be intact. Rosters didn't seem to transfer over or my highlights.

SGMRock 08-30-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mondoguitar (Post 2042784739)
But after you were playing off the disc, you just deleted the 5GB ER link? I'm assuming that could be done at any point before or after installing the disc right?

I could have deleted the 4.8gb earlyreleasemadden12 file or whatever it was called yes. Just dont delete the saved files you had from the early release until you have a chance to load them in the retail game and save them in the retail game.

mondoguitar 08-30-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGMRock (Post 2042784994)
I could have deleted the 4.8gb earlyreleasemadden12 file or whatever it was called yes. Just dont delete the saved files you had from the early release until you have a chance to load them in the retail game and save them in the retail game.

Gotcha, I'll see how this works out for hockey in 10 days. Hopefully I don't play 20-30 games with my Be A Pro and lose them all. I'll try importing all my data and re-saving it.