Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Roster Updates Without XBox Live Gold (/forums/showthread.php?t=506011)

gzenius 08-30-2011 02:25 PM

Roster Updates Without XBox Live Gold

you really cant get the updates without a gold membership? last year you could download them.

illwill10 08-30-2011 02:38 PM

Re: Roster Updates Without XBox Live Gold

Would like to know this too.
Took me almost a hour to assign players to right team and I wasnt finished.

poisedjase 08-30-2011 02:52 PM

if you got silver member you put the ea online pass code in then xbox live and go to roster and it should download the latest roster should work i know u cant play online but this how it should work

duhitsrandy 08-30-2011 03:01 PM

thats how it should work but for now sadly it doesnt. atm you need gold to get the updates. the easiest thing to do is download them from the post on these forums and use the usb drive its actually alot easier then it seems when you first read what to do.

hopefully this gets fixed soon though, i have to look for the article again but i remember someone posting from EA saying you should'nt have to have Gold to be able the rosters. it'd be a shame to do this usb thing all year:brickwall

guaps 08-30-2011 03:11 PM

This is really disappointing news if you cannot download roster updates unless you have Xbox Live Gold. I would even call it embarrassing, because other EA Sports games doesn't have this problem, but allow you to download roster updates under team management.

I even tweeted the devs, back when the menu interface was released, if they had addressed the way you download rosters, but never got a reply.

illwill10 08-30-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duhitsrandy (Post 2042785139)
thats how it should work but for now sadly it doesnt. atm you need gold to get the updates. the easiest thing to do is download them from the post on these forums and use the usb drive its actually alot easier then it seems when you first read what to do.

hopefully this gets fixed soon though, i have to look for the article again but i remember someone posting from EA saying you should'nt have to have Gold to be able the rosters. it'd be a shame to do this usb thing all year:brickwall

How do I find the posts?

illwill10 08-30-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guaps (Post 2042785192)
This is really disappointing news if you cannot download roster updates unless you have Xbox Live Gold. I would even call it embarrassing, because other EA Sports games doesn't have this problem, but allow you to download roster updates under team management.

I even tweeted the devs, back when the menu interface was released, if they had addressed the way you download rosters, but never got a reply.

Agree
You shouldnt have to be Gold to get rosters.
Some people(including me) dont like/want to play online games, but want current up-to-date rosters for Offline.

duhitsrandy 08-30-2011 03:31 PM

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-download.html