Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Do they name the players? (/forums/showthread.php?t=506116)

MacaulayRose7 08-30-2011 06:19 PM

Do they name the players?

There has been sometime where people have said that they dont name some players like they just name there shirt number. if this is true this is disgusting. im sick of this company just thinking they can get away with everything just cos there the only people who properley make an NFL game. if this continues I hope 2K get the liscenses. Its the 21st century for gods sake and they cant even be arsed to pronounce names. Fifa has all the names. Im getting sick and tired now of this company. We arnt living in the world of dreamcast or sega magadrives. This is the modern era with consoles like PS3 and 360 where the console should be pushed to the limits.
What sounds better:
"Incredible, Brees has just thrown a 50 yard touchdown pass to claim the superbowl. Great throw to henderson"
or
"Incredible, Number 9 has just thrown a 50 yard touchdown pass to claim the superbowl. Great throw to number 19."
Its just ridiculous and getting out of bound now. If they cant be bothered with the game then let 2K make it, a company who puts effort into the game aswell as the presentation too.
All they spent this year doing was tweaking the gameplay ever so slightly and mainly put all there focus on the presentaion. Thats all they seem to care about. Yeh its important but still make sure the game has what it needs aswell.
Its getting diabolical now. I dont see why we should pay £40 or $60 for a game of which it isnt reaching full potential. Im not asking for it to be perfect but im asking for them to put some effort into it -.-

Broncos86 08-30-2011 06:25 PM

Re: Do they name the players?

Look, we know the commentary is poor. It's been beaten in to the ground. We know it's terrible, we know EA is aware of this, and we know the commentary system is getting much love in Madden 13. This has all been said many many times over this year.

t161982 08-30-2011 06:26 PM

"oh my word" sounds gay in both instances, unless you're a grandma or something

MJHSpanda57 08-30-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t161982 (Post 2042786275)

"Jeepers what a great throw from #9 to claim the superbowl!"

Broncos86 08-30-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Be careful with your language.

MacaulayRose7 08-30-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

It was an example, if your not willing to help then dont post useless things
Also im aware that people said the commentry was poor but they have said they are going to have this/that in this years madden and they havnt. we wanted it this year to why havnt they dont it

Broncos86 08-30-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacaulayRose7 (Post 2042786287)
It was an example, if your not willing to help then dont post useless things
Also im aware that people said the commentry was poor but they have said they are going to have this/that in this years madden and they havnt. we wanted it this year to why havnt they dont it

We were never told this year would have an emphasis on the commentary. We've known for quite some time that Madden 13 would see a new system for commentary.

MacaulayRose7 08-30-2011 06:34 PM

Well i hope so. They have worked more on the presentation than anything else. yes its important but not as much as the gameplay etc