Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Wr jump (/forums/showthread.php?t=506198)

cheapargentina 08-30-2011 10:06 PM

Wr jump

How do I make my wide receivers jump? Is their a button to make them attack the ball and go up and get it?

I know all about the rocket catch(not sure if it's in madden 12) but that's not what I'm asking about I'm wondering if I need to push "y" in a certain way or at a certain time to make my guy go for the ball at it's highest point and not wait for it to come to him. Thanks

petersondagreat 08-30-2011 11:17 PM

Re: Wr jump

It's pretty much a crap shoot their is no way to make your receiver jump on command which at this point it's so effin stupid. With online communities who cares if some jackass finds away to exploit it. I want them to start making Fitzgerald play like Fitzgerald and jump for the ball. It happens all the time in real life I see Rodgers throw passes to Finley when he's not open but due to his size advantage and leaping ability he makes the throw and gives him a chance to go up and make a play

jwd3000 08-30-2011 11:37 PM

not only WR but DB's. MLB jump all the time in the game

baller7345 08-31-2011 12:35 AM

When going for a catch you can trigger the various jumping animations by pressing Y in a certain spot typically before the boll reaches the circle. I have had more success when I press the opposite direction the reliever is running as soon as you hit Y. Also if you can manage it you can get the same Jump animation that the DB gets if you can strafe before hitting Y. I think the hail mary does this automatically and the fade will also do this without your control.

cheapargentina 08-31-2011 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petersondagreat (Post 2042787745)
It's pretty much a crap shoot their is no way to make your receiver jump on command which at this point it's so effin stupid. With online communities who cares if some jackass finds away to exploit it. I want them to start making Fitzgerald play like Fitzgerald and jump for the ball. It happens all the time in real life I see Rodgers throw passes to Finley when he's not open but due to his size advantage and leaping ability he makes the throw and gives him a chance to go up and make a play

Yea so many receivers in this league can "out rebound" the defense yet we don't have a jump button makes no sense at all

cheapargentina 08-31-2011 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd3000 (Post 2042787855)
not only WR but DB's. MLB jump all the time in the game

I always get DBs to jump just hold left trigger get in the circle and hold Y

cheapargentina 08-31-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baller7345 (Post 2042788100)
When going for a catch you can trigger the various jumping animations by pressing Y in a certain spot typically before the boll reaches the circle. I have had more success when I press the opposite direction the reliever is running as soon as you hit Y. Also if you can manage it you can get the same Jump animation that the DB gets if you can strafe before hitting Y. I think the hail mary does this automatically and the fade will also do this without your control.

Do you press or tap y while the ball is in the air?

Any way to strafe such as holding left trigger like on defense rather than just running a little circle to get your receiver to face the qb?

Yea the fade if you don't touch the wr will automatically turn him around

baller7345 08-31-2011 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapargentina (Post 2042788401)
Do you press or tap y while the ball is in the air?

Any way to strafe such as holding left trigger like on defense rather than just running a little circle to get your receiver to face the qb?

Yea the fade if you don't touch the wr will automatically turn him around

It doesn't really matter how you get in front of it to jump for it as you will get the same animation regardless.

If you hit Y within a certain window you will trigger an agressive catch animation (i.e. the spinning jump catch). I'm not sure if holding or tapping Y has any difference as most of the time it is a snap decision and you either get the animation or hope one of the other regular catches works out.

I've gotten to the point I can do it pretty consistently if I am in front of the designated landing spot but the only advice I can give you when it comes to making a jumping animation is to practice till you find the timing.

You aren't trying to trigger the rocket catch animation (the strafe catch you see db's and lb's use) you hope to get the spectacular catch jump that way no one will say you are cheating. Check your spectacular catch rating so that you know which WR have the best shot at pulling off the animation.