Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise (/forums/showthread.php?t=506357)

buckeye02 08-31-2011 11:22 AM

Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise

Changed my first post to shed some light on how serious this issue may be. The fake, out of nowhere preseason signings over overtaking the league, by YEAR 2 lol!!

-First off, im not referring to the Make-a-Wish players from the basic free agent list.
-I am referring to the ones who show up in the preseason. It may not seem like a big deal at first until you see just how they are taking over the league. Not that many undrafted free agents make NFL rosters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeye02 (Post 2042789431)
OK, Let me post some information here that will clear up to everyone just what im talking about and how absurd it is.

I imported a draft class, a correct one. Not a glitched one that doesnt import.

At the start of Year 2, 2012. There are 110 Quarterbacks on NFL rosters.

-51 Quarterbacks are NOT rookies at this point and were on the rosters that shipped with the game.

-11 Quarterbacks are rookies from my imported class, Andrew Luck, Brandon Weeden, Russell Wilson, etc.

-38 Quarterbacks are pure made up guys that the CPU signed during the past 2 preseasons in 2011 and 2012.

So at the start of year 2 there are 49 rookie QBs on the 32 team rosters, the 11 from my imported class and the 38 fake ones, that keep in mind NEVER appeared on the free agent list. 50% of the leagues QBs are Rookies.

Keep in mind this, fake players that get signed during preseason ARE NEVER, let me repeat, NEVER on the free agent list. They arent there to be signed and they arent there after they are cut.

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeye02 (Post 2042790094)
At the start of the 2nd season, there are 19 Quarterbacks on NFL rosters that are rated 49 overall and lower. All made up guys that randomly appeared in the preseason on teams. The Bears have a made up guy thats a 36 overall. The Dolphins have 3 rookie QBs, no vets.

Theres a FA list full of guys 65 overall and better.

If these made up guys get cut in the preseason, the disappear for good. If they get cut in the regular season, they go to the FA list. And they will disappear after the next season because their overall is so terribly low.

The whole preseason cut day feature is what has caused this. The AI is using terrible logic to cut these random players who appear during the preseason.

The only work around im seeing is to control all 32 teams. After these fake players are cut, they do not reside on the free agent list. They simply disappear.

CPU controlled teams are keeping these guys instead of veterans from the FA list.

peigone 08-31-2011 11:28 AM

Re: Fake players in Madden 12, ruining Franchise for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeye02 (Post 2042789431)
Also saw a guy named Lucky Bouie from Ole Miss.

He's real. That's Brett Favre coming out of retirement under an assumed name and trying to avoid the fan and media backlash.

Bedpan_Gamer 08-31-2011 11:36 AM

its silly for sure

buckeye02 08-31-2011 11:38 AM

Im wondering if you can create enough players to eliminate this. All the fake players are rookies. Either create enough players or fill every team with 75 players so they cant sign anyone.

Just hoping you can create that many players. In past years you could create as many as the FA list could hold.

Looks like its roster time, Im simming now to see how the imported classes look and how many players come in the imported classes.

Broncos86 08-31-2011 11:38 AM

These are "undrafted free agents" that are automatically placed on rosters in order to help fill them up and offer you a chance to make cuts.

IMO, this was a bad oversight by the dev team in regards to the NCAA draft imports. They could've easily taken kids from NCAA 12 and distributed them.

buckeye02 08-31-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armor & Sword (Post 2042789501)
These are unsigned ficitional free agents that you can unlock attributes for during pre-season. It was talked about at length during all the blogs, and previews the past few months.

Trade the game in if you don't like it...or get a refund since you just bought it.

I have no problems with that at all. All we do in NCAA is recruit fictional players.

What is the difference?

There are plenty of real NFL players in Madden. More than I can count.

This team has promoted realism to the fullest, yet they include fictional players. Please dont post in the thread if you arent part of the solution or work around.

buckeye02 08-31-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncos86 (Post 2042789509)
These are "undrafted free agents" that are automatically placed on rosters in order to help fill them up and offer you a chance to make cuts.

IMO, this was a bad oversight by the dev team in regards to the NCAA draft imports. They could've easily taken kids from NCAA 12 and distributed them.

So you think that creating enough players to fill rosters will eliminate this, atleast for the first year. Im trying to see if the 2nd year reveals the same issue.

RaiderKtulu 08-31-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeye02 (Post 2042789518)
This team has promoted realism to the fullest, yet they include fictional players. Please dont post in the thread if you arent part of the solution or work around.

Even if you get all the players accurate for the first season, the game results and the draft order for year 2 are still going to be wrong. It *is* still just a game, you know. At some point you have to accept that.