Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Franchise Scouting - Just sort players by potential (/forums/showthread.php?t=506390)

uncsoulja 08-31-2011 12:40 PM

Franchise Scouting - Just sort players by potential

Ok, I know I can't be the first one to notice this? Does EA care at all about this? Nothing like sucking the fun out of scouting when all you have to do is >>scout players>>highlight player potential>>hit x once (sorts with lowest potential at top)>> hit x again (sorts with highest potential at the top). Now you can see every single high potential player that will be a late round sleeper, etc. I know, I know, I just should avoid doing it but kinda kills the fun once you know it is there..

TWOSILK 08-31-2011 01:14 PM

Re: Franchise Scouting - Just sort players by potential

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncsoulja (Post 2042789785)
Ok, I know I can't be the first one to notice this? Does EA care at all about this? Nothing like sucking the fun out of scouting when all you have to do is >>scout players>>highlight player potential>>hit x once (sorts with lowest potential at top)>> hit x again (sorts with highest potential at the top). Now you can see every single high potential player that will be a late round sleeper, etc. I know, I know, I just should avoid doing it but kinda kills the fun once you know it is there..

Not if you can be a big boy and just avoid doing it!!!!!!

uncsoulja 08-31-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWOSILK (Post 2042789937)
Not if you can be a big boy and just avoid doing it!!!!!!

Wow you must work for EA b/c I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they would say! Thanks for your input.. really useful man.

fearme504 08-31-2011 01:20 PM

They cant make everything perfect really just set your own house rules that prevent you from doing stuff that ruin the realism/fun for you

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jdefreitas 08-31-2011 01:22 PM

Didn't last years game have players that had like A potentials but were drafted as 65 - 70 overalls? Potential just means the player has the ability to improve greatly and become a starter (if they aren't one already).

I get what you are saying as far as how it kind of kills scouting. But in a franchise (if you play more sim style) if a guy is great as far as potential but doesn't fit your system then you don't get him (unless your my boys and draft Tebow... lol). But I know that since my buddy and I run a 3-4 offline coop franchise that if we saw a de that had an A potential but only weighed 242, we probably wouldn't draft him.

Madden is still not smart enough with their moving of players to other positions. I know players have to learn a different system, but in the game there is no way you should have a DE at that weight with A potential and 83 overall fall to like a 70 or 72 when you convert them to outside linebacker.

Anyway, yea this kind of stinks but keep that in mind about potential. You still may have one of those 5th or 6th rounders become a lower overall when they start. They might just have some of the high core attributes. Your current starters still may be better.

Maybe it's just me trying to look around it... either way, the game is still fun in franchise.

Lionhammer 08-31-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdefreitas (Post 2042789988)
But I know that since my buddy and I run a 3-4 offline coop franchise that if we saw a de that had an A potential but only weighed 242, we probably wouldn't draft him.

Or you could draft him and make him an OLB

hampshire2012 08-31-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncsoulja (Post 2042789961)
Wow you must work for EA b/c I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they would say! Thanks for your input.. really useful man.

He kind of has a point, there's not really much "input" to give. Some people would be annoyed if they couldn't do this, your annoyed you can. I say leave it in and just don't use it if you don't want to.

The option to just turn the game onto rookie difficulty is there as well, but you probably manage to restrain yourself from doing that. Same thing here.

TWOSILK 08-31-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncsoulja (Post 2042789961)

why do i have to work for EA because I am not on the bash EA bandwagon??? i just think that some of the complaints that we are hearing are becoming petty, and this one you have to actually perform this yourself so all I was saying was show some restraint and not hit the sort button twice.