Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Strategy Question: Lining up Wide Receivers (/forums/showthread.php?t=506452)

Franchise408 08-31-2011 03:50 PM

Strategy Question: Lining up Wide Receivers

So I'm a 49ers fan, and that's who I play in game. I was messing around with practice, playbooks, etc. last night, and I came across a possible strategy predicament that I'm unsure about.

I like to play Michael Crabtree in the slot in twins formations, or 3-4 WR formations. I like having him run shorter slant and drag routes where I can best utilize his hands, and where he doesn't have a ton of speed.

My question, however, is regarding 3 WR sets.

I was debating whether it would be best to play Braylon Edwards as the sole receiver (on whichever side that there is only one receiver, instead of 2) where I can try to iso him up on a DB, and hopefully he can beat defenders with his speed and route running, or would it be best to put him on the same side of the field as Crabtree (where there would be 2 receivers) where I could overload one side with my 2 best receivers, and possibly run route combinations to get each other open. This would leave Josh Morgan as the 1v1 receiver on the opposite side, where he doesn't have the high ratings of a Braylon Edwards to beat a defender 1v1.

What I'm talking about:

WR1 Slot -----TE WR2

WR1=Edwards
Slot=Crabtree
WR2=Morgan

OR

WR1=Morgan
Slot=Crabtree
WR2=Edwards