Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Blocked field goals, punts, and XP's oh my! (/forums/showthread.php?t=506457)

WildFan22 08-31-2011 03:58 PM

Blocked field goals, punts, and XP's oh my!

On Madden day (yesterday) I was the only guy who couldn't block XP's, field goals, and Punts.

Please tell me how this is done or how to stop it from happening. One guy seemed to get to the Punter before the damn ball did. Anyone have a counter to this or know how to do it so I can even the score?

Field goals weren't even an option by the end of the day.

bxgoods 08-31-2011 04:12 PM

Re: Blocked field goals, punts, and XP's oh my!

I dont think offsides is working correctly, I think thats one of the problems. I wasn't getting called for being offsides in the Early Release version.

baller7345 08-31-2011 06:01 PM

Hold A or X depending on the console after you make the accuracy check to hold the snap off. If the guy tries to jump it he'll give you 5 free yards otherwise you get your kick off.

If they have came up with some sort of turbo blitz technique already then we are sadly doomed...though I'd try kicking as fast as possible.

To block one yourself simply comes down to timing the snap with one of the outside rushers or even the middle returning who is just over the LB. If you time it right you can either get to a point where you can jump and block it (the middle route) or make a diving block (the outside route). If your opponent is always snapping around the same time you should be able to get pretty close.

WyxHarmon 08-31-2011 06:04 PM

I got one blocked by the CPU. In a key spot too. Very impressive.

WildFan22 09-01-2011 11:17 AM

Holding (A) is a great idea. I will do that next time. I love that you can block kicks but it got a little crazy. I knew I was forgetting something.

Thank you.

Slayer82186 09-01-2011 11:53 AM

Thank you so much baller7345 for saying this tip, my friend always try's to time my punts,fgs, pats, I cant wait to use this on him and get a few off sides penalties.

baller7345 09-01-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayer82186 (Post 2042794930)
Thank you so much baller7345 for saying this tip, my friend always try's to time my punts,fgs, pats, I cant wait to use this on him and get a few off sides penalties.

No problem they've had this in the game for a few year now but there has never been much a need for it until now. I really started seeing how useful it could be this year after a guy blocked consecutive extra points on me because I simply wasn't paying attention and was just going through the motions to kick it.

I ended up forcing my self to pay attention on the next kick and got the penalty. He did it one more time before he stopped trying to jump the snap.