Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   With the right patch or 2 this is one of the best! (/forums/showthread.php?t=506631)

outlawz1979 09-01-2011 03:43 AM

With the right patch or 2 this is one of the best!

I see lots of negative posts here with the right patches this could be one of the best madden games we have seen. I've seen and played some that were unplayable!! For those won't sit here and say there going to sell it leave quit posting I want EA take us serious and fix what needs to be done!!

sportsgamefanman 09-01-2011 04:02 AM

Re: With the right patch or 2 this is one of the best!

I agree! I hated last year and took it back the day after I got it. This one I can't stop playing. I have never missed a madden game since the very 1st one and minus a few bugs here and there this game is by far the best madden I have ever played. My opinion only guys. I havn't dipped into franchise yet though as I am waiting for the updated rosters and then I will do all my ratings edits. I won't be able to put this game down after a patch and rosters are done except when NBA 2k12 comes out and they will both have to share time in my console after Oct 4th! It's a good year to be a sportsgamefanman!!! :woot:

outlawz1979 09-01-2011 04:23 AM

I agree last year was so sub par on the offline it was unplayable this game come a long way in a year. It needs patch or 2 every game seems to!! Not sure they be a NBA season this year I hope the owners get a hard cap lol my thoughts ha.. Madden 12 is in right direction!!

KOYO78 09-01-2011 04:34 AM

You know the game is holding it own when you actually see ppl online punting now cuz the made the defense batter. I didn't like 11 but 12 is the best football game this generation of consoles hands down, hell the online numbers proves it. last year there were never more that 10,000 ppl online but its different this year seems everyone I kn is on it.:59:

sportsgamefanman 09-01-2011 04:40 AM

I agree and think madden is in the right direction but I hope they learn from 2k in that they won a ton of game of the year awards but that didn't mean they put there foot off the pedal. I don't know how EA and live will ever be able to come back and recover after what 2k is doing! NBA season or no NBA season I will be having a NBA season in my historic franchise playing as the 93 Rockets with the dream!

Back on topic...

Game is awesome! I have high hopes for 13 knowing that they have talked about upgrading commentary. But presentation and gameplay wise I am loving it with a great slider set. One thing I would like to see them do is stretch the ratings out. I punched in ratings from the FBG website today for the Seahawks and Eagles and I couldn't believe the difference in how real the game felt. It took me 4 hours to do but man it was worth it. I plan on doing all the teams. It would be nice to know that the rosters had data behind some of the attributes rather than just give every linebacker a 80-90 in jumping. It would be cool to have 2 rosters, 1 for the casual gamer and 1 for the sim gamer. Kinda like 2k with there simulation level for nba2k11... Just an idea...

sportsgamefanman 09-01-2011 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOYO78 (Post 2042794105)
You know the game is holding it own when you actually see ppl online punting now cuz the made the defense batter. I didn't like 11 but 12 is the best football game this generation of consoles hands down, hell the online numbers proves it. last year there were never more that 10,000 ppl online but its different this year seems everyone I kn is on it.:59:

Thats what I hated about last year is there was no defense. I played 1 game online the 1st day it came out before I took it back and I won like 56-49 or something like that. Passing was so easy and so was KR. In that game alone I had 3 and my opponent had 2 kick return for TD's. Needless to say that was all I had to see in deciding to trade game in and use it towards 2k11. That and that stupid strategy pad thing really pissed me off last year! LOL! Good to see old controls back! I just couldn't wait for the patch...

Anyways, defense wins championships and as a SIM player I love the chess match within the game. I love that they added shading WR and spotlighting back. Actually maybe it was there last year but I hated that strategy pad so much I never used it so I might be wrong. I love the zone defense. I don't understand all the negative reviews! I have played every madden game ever made and maybe because I took last year off it seems like a bigger jump from 10-12.