Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Injuries in Franchise Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=506651)

UnderDogg003 09-01-2011 08:10 AM

Injuries in Franchise Mode

Are there any injury sliders in Franchise Mode this year? I just played my week 2 game against SD as the Pats and lost 5 players to injury in the game. Injuries seem out of control and I would like to them down, not off. Is there a way?

DarthRambo 09-01-2011 09:16 AM

Re: Injuries in Franchise Mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderDogg003 (Post 2042794310)
Are there any injury sliders in Franchise Mode this year? I just played my week 2 game against SD as the Pats and lost 5 players to injury in the game. Injuries seem out of control and I would like to them down, not off. Is there a way?

I agree with you! Yes, there is a way to turn them down in Game Options. I have mine set at 38 and it's been good there. Problem still however IMO, there are waaaaay too many injuries during simmmed games. And I am talking season ending, even career ending(twice I've seen) injuries! After 7 weeks(preseason included) there were 31 guys on IR, that's just insane

DmX0rZ 09-01-2011 09:55 AM

Considering this;

http://espn.go.com/nfl/injuries

I find it very realistic ;)

Finn 09-01-2011 10:31 AM

I had my Pats in week one lose 5 starters in one game as well all of them were 6 weeks or more too. I'm glad there is a way to turn injuries down, I'll try 38.

justtxyank 09-01-2011 10:56 AM

I restarted a franchise with injuries turned off because of this. I was playing a Texans franchise and lost Duane Brown for the season, Jonathan Joseph for 6 weeks, Glover Quinn for 5 weeks, Wade Smith for 4 weeks and my backup guard for the season. I actually liked it because I felt it was realistic to have injuries. Then I played the Ravens and played against a backup QB and didn't see Ed Reed on the field. I started looking around the league and there were just way too many injuries of notable players so I reset.

RumbleCard 09-01-2011 11:02 AM

Is there a severity slider because the frequency of the injuries in all reality is in line its the length of the injury that's a bit long. Most teams week to week have 4-8 injured players but most actually play. Its not common to see 7 guys ruled out for 6 weeks but 7 guys injured with 6 probable is a lot more accurate.

DarthRambo 09-01-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RumbleCard (Post 2042794736)
Is there a severity slider because the frequency of the injuries in all reality is in line its the length of the injury that's a bit long. Most teams week to week have 4-8 injured players but most actually play. Its not common to see 7 guys ruled out for 6 weeks but 7 guys injured with 6 probable is a lot more accurate.

EXACTLY! The amount of injuries are ok, the severity of them are just ridiculous. You really don't see injuries that last 1-2weeks on this game at all.

UnderDogg003 09-01-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinity120 (Post 2042794423)
I agree with you! Yes, there is a way to turn them down in Game Options. I have mine set at 38 and it's been good there. Problem still however IMO, there are waaaaay too many injuries during simmmed games. And I am talking season ending, even career ending(twice I've seen) injuries! After 7 weeks(preseason included) there were 31 guys on IR, that's just insane

Where is this Game Options you speak of? I'm in a game and can't seem to find the Injury slider and the only options in the franchise main menu is "Franchise Options".