Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Chris Johnson is No Longer a Game Changer (/forums/showthread.php?t=506724)

bengalboy1991 09-01-2011 12:41 PM

Chris Johnson is No Longer a Game Changer

I played with CJ two days ago. He played solid; but failed to have the explosive, pull away speed he had in last year's game. His acceleration is slightly above average. I think this should be tweeked in the next update. CJ is one of the few Game Changers in today's NFL.

MileHighSalute30 09-01-2011 12:46 PM

Re: Chris Johnson is No Longer a Game Changer

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalboy1991 (Post 2042795144)
I played with CJ two days ago. He played solid; but failed to have the explosive, pull away speed he had in last year's game. His acceleration is slightly above average. I think this should be tweeked in the next update. CJ is one of the few Game Changers in today's NFL.

IMO, he was always over powered in Madden. You can try messing with the speed threshold to make him seem even faster.

Favre4 09-01-2011 01:37 PM

Have you guys played with Jamaal Charles at all yet? Is it the same story with him?

damien6663 09-01-2011 01:44 PM

the reason imo for this is that they give to many players 90+ speed....i feel like if they scaled back the ratings where most rb's and wr's are in the 85-89 category, and only have the really elite speed demons over 90 you would see a much greater difference in the true game breakers.

billsmetalbooze 09-01-2011 02:28 PM

i only just got the game but it seems like the spin move is toned down (i've read that too).

could this be a reason speed backs aren't as deadly?

while it's not the same, it does seem more realistic. not every run should be long one and i was breaking a couple 40-yarders a game with speed backs (as opposed to regular guys who wouldn't get those big chunks).

Tyrant8RDFL 09-01-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze (Post 2042795643)
i only just got the game but it seems like the spin move is toned down (i've read that too).

could this be a reason speed backs aren't as deadly?

while it's not the same, it does seem more realistic. not every run should be long one and i was breaking a couple 40-yarders a game with speed backs (as opposed to regular guys who wouldn't get those big chunks).

The spin move has to be used with the right timing to be effective. I also found it to be more effective when playing in a faster game speed setting.

Rouchicus 09-01-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Favre4 (Post 2042795408)
Have you guys played with Jamaal Charles at all yet? Is it the same story with him?

I use the Chiefs almost exclusively and it doesn't feel like I'm breaking open near as many big runs with him as I did last year. I actually kind of like it though. I felt like how good Charles was last year made me a little lazy on the sticks because I knew that his speed would get me out of just about any situation.

With Charles and Johnson being roughly the same player in Madden, I'm guessing it's about the same.

WildFan22 09-01-2011 02:46 PM

I don't see any players break away from the pack. Speed is not really a factor and running back especially are prone to being caught from behind.

Last night I had defenders chase me down from behind with J. Charles, Adrian Peterson, and Percy Harvin.