Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Does AI Pull Starters in Preseason Games? (/forums/showthread.php?t=506788)

mrsaito 09-01-2011 03:56 PM

Does AI Pull Starters in Preseason Games?

Longtime Madden player here, although not God's gift to gaming skill. I always sim the preseason and then end up playing my first regular season game four or five times to get the sliders right.

Realizing the folly of this I thought I might try playing the preseason games to tune sliders but I was wondering if I would be doing this against the second and third stringers on the other team. That could defeat the whole purpose.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Can anybody answer the topic question for me?<o:p></o:p>

CM Hooe 09-01-2011 04:01 PM

Re: Does AI Pull Starters in Preseason Games?

Computer does pull starters for both your team and the AI team in preseason games.

Be careful though, in certain instances you'll still end up with your starters on the field at odd positions (WRs at CB after your top four corners have left the game, for example).

Riderfan 09-01-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHooe (Post 2042796109)
Be careful though, in certain instances you'll still end up with your starters on the field at odd positions (WRs at CB after your top four corners have left the game, for example).

Last night, I'm playing a pre-season game and late in the game I punt. Imagine my joy as Adrian Peterson gets injured making the tackle on the ball carrier. I can maybe see him returning punts, but wtf is he doing on the kicking side?

NYJin2009tm 09-01-2011 04:30 PM

In my preseason the starters played...

1st game...1 quarter.
2nd & 3rd game...1 half.
4th game...didn't play.

The game did those subs not me. But like has been mentioned WR end up playing CB etc. I just fixed them myself to be right.