Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Rebuilding/Challenging Franchise Suggestions (/forums/showthread.php?t=506850)

slugga77 09-01-2011 07:45 PM

Rebuilding/Challenging Franchise Suggestions

What would be a good team for a good CHALLENGING and or REBUILDING franchise team? Like one where you have to have key draft picks and develope players in a realistic fashion? Additional suggestions are welcome.

Kegthaplaya 09-01-2011 07:53 PM

Re: Rebuilding/Challenging Franchise Suggestions

Redskins if you want a challenge.

jdefreitas 09-01-2011 07:54 PM

Lost a key DB in Rodgers-Cromartie, lost a big play maker out of the back field in Tim Hightower (and I'm not sold on Wells yet), still not exactly set at QB as Kolb has shown flashes but not consistency in his game while with Philly.

Also, the receiving core no longer has Boldin or Breaston there and Fitz is by himself. I know the CPU may not be smart enough to pick up on number one receiver double teams all the time but outside of him there isn't a great person to throw to, The next being Kevin Boss???

The defense is blah at best. With Dansby no longer at linebacker and maybe one stud on the D-Line in Darnell Dockett it's a defense that needs a lot of work. Safety play is probably ok, but outside of that they don't excite me.

The only thing about this team is they play in a weak division. If you can beat up on the Rams, Seahawks and 49ers you can make playoffs every year... not too difficult right? But, the Seahawks from what I hear can be dangerous in this game and the Rams are certainly up and coming.

I almost chose them but went with rebuilding my Denver squad for once.

The Amaizen Blue 09-01-2011 07:56 PM

Why is Tampa Bay on here? :34:

I'd go Jacksonville with Gabbert starting. The Jags are always fun to use.

37 09-01-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugga77 (Post 2042797235)
What would be a good team for a good CHALLENGING and or REBUILDING franchise team? Like one where you have to have key draft picks and develope players in a realistic fashion? Additional suggestions are welcome.

i'm gunna use the Bills after the rosters drop so i'll say them....there's not many positions on their team that are givens....Not in love with Fitzpatrick but just for realism sake, i'll stick with him for one year....same goes for Jackson, their rb...i would like to make spiller my starter next year....hoping steve johnson isn't a one-year wonder and outside of him, there's nothing really there at receiver....no tight end whatsoever to speak of...they have a few pieces along the interior of their o-line with wood and levitre but not fond of their tackles....williams is a beast on the nose and i'm keeping dareus...hoping merriman regains his form of a few years ago and barnett can be a good player if healthy but kelsay's gotta go....i can live with mcgee and mckelvin at the corners for now but they're not sure locks after this year....hope jairus byrd plays like he did two years ago and wilson is a def stopgap at the other safety...kicking game is solid with lindell and moorman and their return game is lethal

Patriots1996 09-01-2011 08:01 PM

Oakland. (10 char.)

jdefreitas 09-01-2011 08:02 PM

Hey nofat, Merriman's lights out dance is back if you haven't seen it. I only know because he crushed Orton in an exhibition game I played while testing sliders lol. Pretty cool to see dances like that back in the game.

37 09-01-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdefreitas (Post 2042797321)
Hey nofat, Merriman's lights out dance is back if you haven't seen it. I only know because he crushed Orton in an exhibition game I played while testing sliders lol. Pretty cool to see dances like that back in the game.

Yepp i've seen it a few times...nice to have seen it...just hope he makes enough plays IN ORDER to do his dance