Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   when is the patch? (/forums/showthread.php?t=506882)

CharliePrince 09-01-2011 09:36 PM

when is the patch?

I wish that was a joke, sadly every year we the consumers have basically become EA's beta testers

and pretty much with every reiteration of Madden, the most deafening question becomes, When is the patch?

as it stands, the game's offline franchise is unplayable, numerous bugs being reported and so many things wrong that I shudder to think that EA thinks we the customers are its Quality Assurance department

so back to my original serious question

anyone know or have heard of when they're releasing a patch? :(

ZACKATTACK52 09-01-2011 09:44 PM

Re: when is the patch?

you are way off!! Obviously a patch can sure up some minor issues, but as a long time critic of EA, I am really enjoying this years game, especially franchise, it is far from unplayable!!

kjjnesb 09-01-2011 09:51 PM

Franchise mode isn't unplayable but I would say that the game needs a bit more polish on (commentary mostly) and off the field

NYJin2009tm 09-01-2011 10:25 PM

Why do the littlest of things bother people? It's just a game!

CharliePrince 09-01-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZACKATTACK52 (Post 2042797725)
you are way off!! Obviously a patch can sure up some minor issues, but as a long time critic of EA, I am really enjoying this years game, especially franchise, it is far from unplayable!!

you don't think there's a problem with the rain in every single franchise game..? :34:

anyways, anyone heard of a patch from EA? twitter? :( you'd think there'd be some news by now with all these gamebreaking bugs

mattsb84 09-01-2011 11:29 PM

I want to preface this by saying I do not own the game(and don't plan to based on what I've read here), but a lot of the issues people are bringing up are kind of a big deal...

Graphical issues on the PS3. Commentary that is pretty awful. Franchise mode is suffering from several issues, from poor menu design, to bad AI logic(drafting, depth charts, trade logic) and scouting that is more or less broken. And of course, still missing features from last gen. This also doesn't include freezing issues, imported draft classes being buggy, editing players causes player roles to disappear, etc. These aren't small things. They are an indicator that tiburon is not given enough time to properly implement, and test new features. This game, and really, most sports games, need a two year cycle, imo.

EA should just change the catch phrase for madden to "That'll do".

CharliePrince 09-01-2011 11:32 PM

I think it's ridiculous that with every year it is *blatantly* clear that we are beta testing the game

pretty much yearly, as soon as the game is released the truth of the matter is

it needs a patch, badly, sad but true

Holt81 09-01-2011 11:48 PM

I'm not worried when the patch is coming out, I'm worried about what will be IN the patch. I'm hoping they are reading the things that is going on with this game.