Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Apparently 8 is the magic number of injuries one team can have at one time (/forums/showthread.php?t=507429)

Shargaas 09-04-2011 04:13 AM

Apparently 8 is the magic number of injuries one team can have at one time

In my franchise, I was happy to see that there were indeed injuries that required me to put players on IR and to shuffle my line-up somewhat....until my list reached 8 players, then whenever a player of mine went down and an injury time-out was called, they did not appear on the list. Evidently once you have 8 injuries on your injury report, your players become completely invulnerable to injury, until one of the players on the list comes back.

I realize that EA had imposed an injury restriction on previous Maddens due to the lack of a working IR system, but with the system working, why is this artificial limit still in place?? It certainly isn't realistic in the least.

Shargaas 09-04-2011 01:58 PM

Re: Apparently 8 is the magic number of injuries one team can have at one time

Anyone else noticed this?

Mr. Franchise 09-04-2011 02:10 PM

Not a big deal. It's a game.

Shargaas 09-05-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise (Post 2042808509)
Not a big deal. It's a game.

I respectfully disagree. In the NFL, teams that have 8 players on their injury report do not suddenly find their remaining players have turned into invulnerable supermen. Having a limit detracts a great deal from the realism and strategy of the game.

Pandetta 09-06-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shargaas (Post 2042815129)
I respectfully disagree. In the NFL, teams that have 8 players on their injury report do not suddenly find their remaining players have turned into invulnerable supermen. Having a limit detracts a great deal from the realism and strategy of the game.

Superman theme going off in my head...

The Packers of 2010-11 respectfully disagree with your "not turning into invulnerable supermen" comment when their teammates all go down with injuries. But I digress.

bichettehappens 09-06-2011 06:46 AM

This seems like it should be brought to the attention of the dev team

NoSubs 09-06-2011 10:48 AM

Not realistic, but at the same time it might intentionally be there as a check and balance against an unrealistically high number of injuries on a team.

Shargaas 09-06-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bichettehappens (Post 2042815752)
This seems like it should be brought to the attention of the dev team

What is the best way to do this?