Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   players disappearing from free agency pool? (/forums/showthread.php?t=507488)

amodernist 09-04-2011 02:28 PM

players disappearing from free agency pool?

i noticed something rather strange in offline franchise mode... in season 1 of my OF, my TE was injured, so i signed a free agent, Cornelius Ingram. he ended up being injury prone, so i chose to not re-sign him for season 2. now into my second season, i look at the FA pool again, and Ingram is nowhere to be seen, as if he retired from the league --- he didn't, because he is only 26 or so. same thing with many, many other young lower rated NFL players that were there in season 1 in the FA pool (troy williamson, jarmacus russell, tom brandstater), but they just disappeared. now the FA pool is filled up with 70s rated guys, some very serviceable and would that accept cheap contracts, that for some reason, the CPU won't even pick up, while it keeps its scrub 50-60 CPU generated guys. a lot of the generated players, as well as some real NFL players, cut during "cut days" seem to vanish. lower rated NFL players not signed to a team in season 1 also seem to disappear into season 2. did anybody else notice this? it may have to do with the limited amount of spots in the FA pool, i.e. below a certain OVR and/or POT, player disappears. or is this a glitch? SUGGESTIONS?

BballGuru56 09-04-2011 02:52 PM

Re: players disappearing from free agency pool?

That's never happened to me, it could just be a glitch or you may have accidentally changed the settings.

amodernist 09-04-2011 03:10 PM

@ BballGuru56: what settings would affect that? are you sure that in season 2, all of the young NFL players are still there? i just noticed that the Pats released Brian Hoyer at some point, and that he is nowhere to be found in the FA pool, or on another team's roster... many players HAVE to be deleted, otherwise the FA pool would be MASSIVE (because of the 75 players roster) but i feel like it may very well have a negative side effect in deleting real players that actually had potential...

Simile000 09-04-2011 03:14 PM

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html

^^ That should answer your ?s regarding the 50 overall players taking over your franchise.

amodernist 09-04-2011 03:14 PM

season 1, i had about about 50 FA TE in the pool... season 2, down to about 12, all of which are in their 70s or so... very strange.