Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   User Vs. A.I. Running Speed (/forums/showthread.php?t=507501)

Trag3dy 09-04-2011 02:48 PM

User Vs. A.I. Running Speed

This isn't the first year I've noticed it, but for some reason this seems to stand out this year.

I'm positive I'm not the only one who's noticed how taking over a player chasing down another seems to DRASTICALLY alter the speed at which the player is pursuing.

Has anyone figured out what the heck is going on with this, and how to correct it?

JT30 09-04-2011 02:50 PM

Re: User Vs. A.I. Running Speed

does auto sprint on/off affect it?

Trag3dy 09-04-2011 02:54 PM

Not sure. I havn't tried auto sprint at all this year, and played most of last year with it off.

UMhester04 09-04-2011 03:22 PM

yeah man this isnt exactly the example you used but I just returned a punt with Hester and it seemed like everyone on the coverage team was a speeding bullet coming at me and I was running in sand

titan23 09-04-2011 03:40 PM

I hate this too. In the NFL you can tell who's fast and who's not as fast. The speed in which running backs get through holes or have the break away speed, is not represented well in Madden. Neither is players like Hester or Cribbs or Deshaun Jackson with returns. The only and best way to do it is turn Speed Threshold to 0. This will increase and exaggerate the difference in speed between players and makes it more noticeable.

UMhester04 09-04-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan23 (Post 2042808879)
I hate this too. In the NFL you can tell who's fast and who's not as fast. The speed in which running backs get through holes or have the break away speed, is not represented well in Madden. Neither is players like Hester or Cribbs or Deshaun Jackson with returns. The only and best way to do it is turn Speed Threshold to 0. This will increase and exaggerate the difference in speed between players and makes it more noticeable.

With a low threshold you then have the problem of the deep ball being too easy and crossing routes way too easy because of the separation...sucks