Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   redzone passing (/forums/showthread.php?t=507619)

bc3po 09-04-2011 10:24 PM

redzone passing

Just wondering, for those of you that have success passing in the redzone for TD's, what routes do you guys do? I've never been a good redzone passer, and as a result don't have many TD passes. So any help would be appreciated haha, bc sooner or later im gonna get stuffed running

lowercasecurtis 09-04-2011 10:39 PM

Re: redzone passing

Once inside the 10 I try to use one of the goal line PA plays (can't remember the name x_x) and hit either my FB in the flat or if i see the defense covering him i'll hot route someone else into the flat. In M11 it never missed and always scored if you were within the 10. I noticed in M12 it's not as automatic but still tends to work quite a bit. I really try not to abuse money plays though, so in M11 i only used it when i wanted to crush my roommate :y220a:

bc3po 09-04-2011 10:59 PM

I try some play action, but the thing is i always get sacked. always. maybe i'm just reading the defense wrong

kcarr 09-04-2011 11:15 PM

near the goalline i like to spread it out 3 or 4 wide. if the defense can stack the box things get cluttered and that is when mistakes happen.

if i have a written like Andrews Johnson or Calvin Johnson or fitzgerald or anyone really who can catch the fade route well enough then that is in my possibilities. if yoy are in franchise and want a guy for this TO works well.

other than that a combination of slants, curls, ins, and outs will ussually get a guy open and is great if you don't have a go to guy. flats work as the other guy said but less so in this game as defenders watch them a little more. i use them as a checkdown

Shroom 09-04-2011 11:25 PM

I usually do a quick out to my TE and it work almost every time.

clivo1050 09-04-2011 11:56 PM

If you have a tall receiver like Plaxico, throw a fade route to the back of the end zone.

baller7345 09-05-2011 12:13 AM

Redzone is tricky this year...well considering what we had last year it ought to be.

I like fade routes to either Driver, Jennings, or Finely after I set him out wide. Short hitch routes can be useful especially if you are in down and goal situation. Same can be said for short in and out routes as well as flat routes if the defense fails to cover them. PA can be great if your first read happens to be open but if you have to look around you might be screwed as normally people send pressure at this point. Slants and drags can work though the middle of the field is usually the first thing people cover so they can also hurt you in the redzone.

The Amaizen Blue 09-05-2011 12:25 AM

My favorite play in the redzone is "Mesh." It's in a lot of playbooks and in quite a few different formations.