Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Why can't I control my players? (/forums/showthread.php?t=507756)

Cutwolf 09-05-2011 01:45 PM

Why can't I control my players?

Guys! help! I think my 360 is broken or my game is glitched.

Why does my controlled defensive player insist on running the called play for the first second before the game cedes control to me? Why can't I do what I want with him?

Why do I not get control for a good 2 seconds after the ball is caught sometimes? There is an animation still going on, but there's no way EA intended to give pretty and elaborate animations at the expense of player control.

Why doesn't my player throw the ball when I press the button sometimes? Sure I'm not always in a good throwing position (running around) but why not just throw it and make it a bad pass? My Qbs always wind up like they're Byron Leftwich. Did I accidentally buy the limited leftwich edition?

a few other things:

- The Steelers do not have any player named "Kissel." why do they keep saying it?
- If a defender beats the receiver to the ball and waits, it is offensive -- not defensive -- PI when the offensive player runs into the defender, even if the wr were to fall down. Why does the game call it the other way around?
- Sproles, Charles, Greene, etc will never break a direct hit by a competent linebacker or defensive lineman. Especially not several times a game. Why does it happen in my game?
- No defender at any level of football will try to intercept or break up a high deep pass by bending their arms at the elbow to reach up. They'll jump. Or fully extend their arms. This must be a glitch. Should we expect a patch?
- Going in motion and running in front of your offensive lineman is a penalty. But it happens all the time in my game. Why?

Halp!

Shroom 09-05-2011 01:48 PM

Re: Why can't I control my players?

Didn't you just make a thread like this?

Cutwolf 09-05-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shroom (Post 2042812524)
Didn't you just make a thread like this?

No, I made a dear EA thread, which apparently isn't allowed. That rule makes sense, obviously.

But please halp. I wanna enjoy madden 12.

beanh8er 09-05-2011 02:09 PM

Yep. Brett Kiesel who made the Pro Bowl last year is definitely not on the Steelers. Also if you're not in good throwing position the QB won't just throw the ball while looking backwards. He'll stop, set his feet, and throw the ball like a normal human would. It forces the defensive player to do the play because it does. That's the way it's been forever.

The one piece of advice I can give you is stop saying "halp", your posts look idiotic with that word there.

Reed the Raven 09-05-2011 02:09 PM

So you can't abuse and get instant pressure on the quarterback I'd assume.

Cutwolf 09-05-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanh8er (Post 2042812610)
Yep. Brett Kiesel who made the Pro Bowl last year is definitely not on the Steelers. Also if you're not in good throwing position the QB won't just throw the ball while looking backwards. He'll stop, set his feet, and throw the ball like a normal human would. It forces the defensive player to do the play because it does. That's the way it's been forever.

The one piece of advice I can give you is stop saying "halp", your posts look idiotic with that word there.

No, that's key-sel. The steelers have no one named Kissel.

beanh8er 09-05-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutwolf (Post 2042812621)
No, that's key-sel. The steelers have no one named Kissel.

Apparently you don't know that Gus Johnson is illiterate and can't pronounce names correctly.

Franchise408 09-05-2011 02:18 PM

They've been mispronouncing names for years.

Namdy Asomooga

Isaac Sapoawgah

Those are just the 2 off the top of my head (I play 49ers, my brother plays Raiders)

This year they messed up Aldon Smith's name, calling him Al Don Smith.

Also, I agree that the CPU breaks way too many tackles with players that they shouldn't be breaking tackles with.