Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   1st Post - Possible fix to UDFA problem (/forums/showthread.php?t=507827)

Chief21 09-05-2011 05:36 PM

1st Post - Possible fix to UDFA problem

I registered just cause this thought came to my mind on how to fix the franchise being loaded with UDFA's in future years when free agent list stays full of veterans.

I do not want to control all 32 teams, only my 4 teams. I also play with salary cap off as it has caused me problems in prior years.

FIX: Sign veteran free agents to your team and trade them to the CPU teams for the UDFAs and then cut the UDFAs off of your team. Since the veteran free agents are rated higher, the trades should go thru.

I have not tested this but it is my workaround I am going to use for this issue. Also, you don't have to do all of them, just enough to create realism and to stop the Colts from having three UDFAs rated 40 and lower backing up Peyton Manning.

Shards 09-05-2011 05:50 PM

Re: 1st Post - Possible fix to UDFA problem

I had this floating through my head the past few days. You could even use lower rated players just to try and make the CPU not keep a player. Or even fill a role with a constant vet to back up a young up and comer. I haven't tested any of this yet but good idea