Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Mass Defensive Jump Edit: Improving The Passing Game (/forums/showthread.php?t=507829)

Jesus 09-05-2011 05:39 PM

Mass Defensive Jump Edit: Improving The Passing Game

Playing the game earlier, I was driving down the field, feeling as if my slider set was giving me a realistic game and out of the blue a linebacker springs from the ground with the quickness and height of a mountain lion, picks off my pass and incites a beautiful orchestra of cures words strung together effortlessly.

So I channelled that rage, went into practice and expiramented until i found a realistic rating at which players jump amd make plays.

All linebackers jumping should be at 40

This allows for passes that should be out of the reach of the linebacker to be completed over his head, however I have found that of a linebacker is headed in the direction of the pass and is close, they can still jump and make a play on the ball

All Defensive backs should have a jump rating of 45

This removes the instance where a defensive back will be in a zone and will bat down a pass that was intended for a person that is 15 yards down field behind them. This lowered jumping ability has actually allowed me to see this cool lil 'desperation change of direction' animation that the players do when they are going one way and a pass goes over their head another.

There may be some questions about player differentiation with the jumping all being the same, but I feel thats where the play recognition ability comes into play and allows for the real playmakers to shine.

Im currently doing this on PS3 and am about 60% done. If others are interested once completed, I can post these for others to enjoy. If a 360 owner likes the idea he can duplicate them for those on 360 can give them a try.

sdoles69 09-06-2011 08:21 PM

Re: Mass Defensive Jump Edit: Improving The Passing Game

I thank you for your input and all your hard work.The jumping drives me insane and is totally unrealistic,feel like I am watching someone leap up a mile in techmo bowl sometimes.But I have a 360,there is no way to change the lb and db jumping atleast not globally.That would mean that one would have to go in and manually edit each lb and db for all 32 teams.That would take alot of time and plus you would have to do it all over every year after the draft and trading etc.As cool as it sounds too much time invested for me.

dallas fan 09-06-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus (Post 2042813435)
Playing the game earlier, I was driving down the field, feeling as if my slider set was giving me a realistic game and out of the blue a linebacker springs from the ground with the quickness and height of a mountain lion, picks off my pass and incites a beautiful orchestra of cures words strung together effortlessly.

So I channelled that rage, went into practice and experimented until i found a realistic rating at which players jump amd make plays.

All linebackers jumping should be at 40

This allows for passes that should be out of the reach of the linebacker to be completed over his head, however I have found that of a linebacker is headed in the direction of the pass and is close, they can still jump and make a play on the ball

All Defensive backs should have a jump rating of 45

This removes the instance where a defensive back will be in a zone and will bat down a pass that was intended for a person that is 15 yards down field behind them. This lowered jumping ability has actually allowed me to see this cool lil 'desperation change of direction' animation that the players do when they are going one way and a pass goes over their head another.

There may be some questions about player differentiation with the jumping all being the same, but I feel thats where the play recognition ability comes into play and allows for the real playmakers to shine.

Im currently doing this on PS3 and am about 60% done. If others are interested once completed, I can post these for others to enjoy. If a 360 owner likes the idea he can duplicate them for those on 360 can give them a try.

I agree, and thats what I did about a week ago, subtracted 30 off every LBer and DB. Helps with the immortal quick jump and snag interception every time you pass to the middle of the field. I just wish Madden had a global editor like NBA live had, you could edit a whole team at once instead of each and every player painstakingly.

NoTrouble 09-06-2011 08:56 PM

what about jumping for D-linemen and spectacular catch for LBs and D-linemen? I've seen LBs make 1 handed picks several times and I actually had Jason Babin take one step back into zone from his 3 pt stance and make a 1 handed pick on a pass intended for someone 15 yards down the field.

droopizzle34 09-06-2011 09:25 PM

the jumper jumping defenders killed NCAA12 for me. It always makes me throw my controller in Madden. I wish EA could find a balance with this. It is an aggravating thing to call the perfect route combo,see your WR clear the defenders zone,and throw a pass that is super picked or super swatted by a LB or DL. Yet on streaks and bombs your corner can only jump 2 inches to bat down a pass..

TurboTitan 09-06-2011 10:00 PM

I am too impatient to change the jump ratings for every DB and LB on every team all in one setting, however, I DO change them for the team I am playing that particular week, right before the game. That only take 3-4 minutes.

Skyboxer 09-06-2011 10:02 PM

I wouldn't make every LB the same. What I did in NCAA was reduce each LB 30 points. That way there are still some LB's to avoid and give a nice variation.
Jusy my .02

twimstaxs 09-06-2011 11:02 PM

You guys need to check out the Sliders forum. There are a lot of sliders that reduce this drastically. Are you guys looking at your replays to see the trajectory of the ball?