Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Since when is switching to the WR.DB closes to the ball not sim. (/forums/showthread.php?t=507939)

raiders81tim 09-06-2011 02:16 AM

Since when is switching to the WR.DB closes to the ball not sim.

Am I the only one who thinks this is absolutely nuts. I remember back when it was required in sim leagues. Why not just let the AI run and pass the ball for you while you're at it?

Ricanlegend 09-06-2011 02:35 AM

Re: Since when is switching to the WR.DB closes to the ball not sim.

People with no skills are the one that dont switch they dont got the stick
Skills as we do , I always switch to to my wr to make the catch and on defense I love switching to the defender and start yelling cookies when I get the user pick lol

bichettehappens 09-06-2011 06:42 AM

I could see why it would have been considered not sim back when rocket catching was a huge issue. These days though I feel switching, especially to a WR, makes it MORE sim since the CPU WR will not aggressively make a play on the ball while the CB will

Cre8 09-06-2011 06:57 AM

Most of this has to do with the fact that there is rarely pass interference called.

Most people take this stuff so seriously that it pretty much makes me a non-online sports gamer. Either they are arcady and go for it on 4th and 18 from their own 12 or they get mad when I control my players or something else silly.

bichettehappens 09-06-2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cre8 (Post 2042815760)
Most of this has to do with the fact that there is rarely pass interference called.

aren't the majority of PI calls that are made, however few that may be, the result of user control?

Cre8 09-06-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bichettehappens (Post 2042815762)
aren't the majority of PI calls that are made, however few that may be, the result of user control?

Yeah, I guess my point is that the gameplay doesn't really give any sort of real 'sim' playability when that is in-fact the case.

I think a lot of people are a bit obsessed with "This is sim, that is sim."
It is sad that people have forgotten how to have a good time playing a game.

My biggest issue with this game is the weather in Franchise Mode. Otherwise, I think the sim argument is subjective... at best.

oneamongthefence 09-06-2011 10:22 AM

Since they added locomotion and acceleration, eliminated the suction, and took out a lot of warping user catching is fine. It used to result in rocket catching and wrs warping to the ball. Its less of a problem now than it was before.

carnalnirvana 09-06-2011 11:15 AM

I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT, however, wecomplain that the cpu makes blind spidey sense plays on the ball...

which is what we do with defenders breaking off other coverage,routes to catch passes