Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Team Overall ratings: Franchise vs Play Now (/forums/showthread.php?t=507989)

T5063 09-06-2011 08:45 AM

Team Overall ratings: Franchise vs Play Now

I've noticed that teams like the Bills and Bengals are rated in the low 70s while the Packers and Pats are in the low 90s when choosing Play Now.

However, when you go to start a new franchise, all the teams are between 80 and 86 overall. Why is that?

Is seems like it doesnt really matter what team you pick since they all seem to be within a few points overall of each other.

MarinersVsDodgers 09-06-2011 08:55 AM

Re: Team Overall ratings: Franchise vs Play Now

I think that it is part of dynamic player performance. If players do well as a team, there overall will probably increase as a team. If some players do bad on their team, that team probably decreases. Can't say for sure, but I'm just assuming this.

Zastrin 09-06-2011 08:56 AM

I think the rating on the Play Now screen is a placebo, something that EA can only change. I think even if you make everyone 99 on say the Bengals, they will remain 71 overall.

Franchise is where the team ratings are real.

CM Hooe 09-06-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zastrin (Post 2042815927)
I think the rating on the Play Now screen is a placebo, something that EA can only change. I think even if you make everyone 99 on say the Bengals, they will remain 71 overall.

Franchise is where the team ratings are real.

This, though I think a player edit might force a recalculation of the rating. Auto-reordering the depth chart most definitely has done the trick in past Madden games.