Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   NHL 12 Videos - Islanders vs. Rangers (CPU vs. CPU) (/forums/showthread.php?t=508002)

ChaseB 09-06-2011 09:37 AM

NHL 12 Videos - Islanders vs. Rangers (CPU vs. CPU)

These videos are also available on the OS YouTube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

exboxfan 09-06-2011 10:15 AM

Re: NHL 12 Videos - Islanders vs. Rangers (CPU vs. CPU)

Thanks for the videos.

Can't wait to get my hands on NHL12!

adayinthelife 09-06-2011 10:45 AM

After 1 period it's really nice to see the CPU dumping the puck and using the glass/boards in their own end. I wasn't really seeing a ton of this in the demo.

Qb 09-06-2011 10:47 AM

Thanks, Chase and good choice of camera for CPU/CPU play. The rebounds seem more natural compared to the demo and die more off the pads. Would love to see the AI play the puck to space more instead of always looking for a direct pass. The Boyle hit looked great, the hitter falling adds so much to the collision.

ChaseB 09-06-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qb (Post 2042816217)
Thanks, Chase and good choice of camera for CPU/CPU play. The rebounds seem more natural compared to the demo and die more off the pads. Would love to see the AI play the puck to space more instead of always looking for a direct pass. The Boyle hit looked great, the hitter falling adds so much to the collision.

The collisions where both guys fall are my favorite. I'm trying to compile a bunch of them in a short video. My favorite that I have recorded so far is where Subban levels Jordan Staal.

Les Paul 09-06-2011 10:58 AM

Question from a Ranger fan:

Do Cally, Dubi, Staal and Girardi still have those crappy generic faces?

Money99 09-06-2011 11:05 AM

Thanks for posting these ChaseB.

A couple of observations;

- Nice to see that the star players are noticeable. You can tell when Gabs and Richards are out there. Same with Streit and Okposo.
- In the 2nd video at the 1:07 mark I didn't like seeing Marc Staal making an 80mph perfect tape-to-tape, blind backhand pass across the ice. With his back to his teammate.
In fact, the passing was a bit too clean for my liking. Perhaps sliders help that.
- I don't give this game enough props for it's sound. From the puck, to skates, to crossbars, this game sounds like a real NHL game.
- I'll have to edit McCabe's stats. He's not that great of a puck-carrying dman. Great shot, sure. But not the best skating with it.
- I'm disturbed that ChaseB has an XBL friend named ChubbyBanana. ;)

jaiman 09-06-2011 11:12 AM

The only thing missing from those videos showing CPU vs. CPU is... wait for it... an "Authentic" Broadcast camera angle :)