Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Who would like to see real field goal % implemented? (/forums/showthread.php?t=508103)

JayD 09-06-2011 04:08 PM

Who would like to see real field goal % implemented?

So far each kick meter or joystick function that EA has given us is no challenge at all and being that the special teams sliders are global we can't reduce the slider due to the fact it effects the computer as well. I think Implementing real field goal %, like in NBA 2K, would give us more of a sim experience and make drafting or signing a decent kicker/punter more of an importance. If you are not familiar with this all you do is hit the shot button and it brings a players real life field goal % as a factor into missing or making a shot. Now I don't think they should strictly use real field goal % but give us the option to use it or the meter. So who else would think this would be a great addition to Madden?

arsenal123gunners 09-06-2011 04:10 PM

Re: Who would like to see real field goal % implemented?

I want to be able to control whether my kick goes in, not some algorithm

JayD 09-06-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsenal123gunners (Post 2042817551)
I want to be able to control whether my kick goes in, not some algorithm

This is obviously targeted to more of the sim player and being that the meter is almost a guarantee that you are going to make it is pretty much a let down. I also stated that an option to use real fg % or meter should be available.

xxDHAINESxx 09-06-2011 04:15 PM

i like this idea, but i think the difficulty of the kicking meter is where this should be implemented. for instance, a kicker like nate kaeding should have the meter go kind of slow, but not too much, as to a kicker like sebastian janikowski, who can be erratic at times; so make the meter go much faster, which could affect both power and speed. he's probably the best kicker in the game solely because accuracy means nothing if you hit the right spots on the meter; therefore, this is where i believe the change should be made.

you should be rewarded for getting the meter right and landing a perfect kick, but i believe the change should make ratings affect how good a kicker is and how accurate he is, and not just how strong his leg is.

T5063 09-06-2011 04:21 PM

I'd rather have the K's ratings used to determine how difficult the meter is. Ei. power for maximum distance, accuracy for how small the accuracy window is and maybe a composure rating to add shake or something like that as a third variable (during big games, road games, game winning kicks).

Cryolemon 09-06-2011 04:44 PM

I voted yes, as long as it's optional. As has also been said, the actual kicking mechanic could be improved as well.

bc3po 09-06-2011 05:24 PM

I vote yes, for the reason that it doesn't matter who your kicker is, as long as they have good kick power, your good from 60 yards and in. I would like to see an option so i don't know i have three points. I think it would make it more suspenseful

fistofrage 09-06-2011 05:28 PM

Yep, just make it an option like basketball games that have the option of real FT%. They also need to make it harder for those who wish to control the kick. Having a great kicker should be very important, and you should feel the difference between really accurate kickers and run of the mill 2 years in the league and out kickers.