Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Excessive franchise injuries??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=508263)

Faur2488 09-07-2011 03:35 AM

Excessive franchise injuries???

Anybody else having loads of simmed injuries in their franchise? I'm playing as the packers and most will know about last season and the rash of injuries the packers had but surely that has nothing to do with this issue, right?

LivingLegend 09-07-2011 03:57 AM

Re: Excessive franchise injuries???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faur2488 (Post 2042820106)
Anybody else having loads of simmed injuries in their franchise? I'm playing as the packers and most will know about last season and the rash of injuries the packers had but surely that has nothing to do with this issue, right?

I lost

Grant, Cobb, Collins, Matthews, Shields, and Williams. All by week 10.

Broken tailbones galore.

Faur2488 09-07-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivingLegend (Post 2042820127)
I lost

Grant, Cobb, Collins, Matthews, Shields, and Williams. All by week 10.

Broken tailbones galore.

Ouch. Good thing the pack gas the most depth of any team, but your secondary has to be struggling.

On a side note why does lambeau field look half full all the time?? Even in a playoff game. For a team that's sold out every game for like 30 years

DarthRambo 09-07-2011 04:58 AM

Yes! I've decided to have injuries on weeks 1-3; off weeks 4-8; on weeks 9-11; and off again weeks 11-17 and playoffs. Way too many injuries and alot of them seem to be fairly severe!

LivingLegend 09-07-2011 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faur2488 (Post 2042820144)
Ouch. Good thing the pack gas the most depth of any team, but your secondary has to be struggling.

On a side note why does lambeau field look half full all the time?? Even in a playoff game. For a team that's sold out every game for like 30 years

House is actually playing pretty good, but Bush is getting beat like a drum...But that's nothing new.

Daywalker3 09-07-2011 08:55 AM

I look at it as it's not that there are too many injuries but rather that the injuries are too often severe. You rarely see any injury that's less than 3-4 week recovery time. What the game needs going forward is a probable/questionable system and much more "tame" injuries like strains, tweaks, pulls, sprains, etc. Things that might keep a guy out 1-2 games and stop making every injury be for 8-12 weeks. It gets a little frustrating when you sim and see 5 starters go down with 5+ week injuries in the same game (happened last night). I immediately reloaded the save and simmed again. Sorry, that doesn't happen IRL.

Ueauvan 09-07-2011 10:18 AM

up to week 13, 3 broken collarbones so far, 2 ive put on IR, and another rotator cuff IR. gore week 1 125yds 2 tds injured halfway thru qtr 3. off for 11 weeks. almost happened again week 13

RGiles36 09-07-2011 11:20 AM

I guess injuries are a mixed bag. I have my slider at about 60.

I'm about 5 weeks into a franchise and I have two players with 3 & 4 week injuries respectively. Then I have my starting center on IR.

If I have an issue with injuries, like you guys are alluding to, there seems to be much more when you sim. Not only that, but it seems like even in-game, the CPU suffers way more injuries than my team does. Who knows...